What do you suggest I do to get my mother to the USA?

adnanusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi my friends,

My father just passed away overseas. My mom is living by herself right now, she is like 58 years old. All my sisters are married and living in different places and my younger brother has just traveled overseas for his undergraduate studies.

Currently I have the 2 years greencard and I am currently applying for the condition removal for my 2 years greencard. My question is, is there anyway that I can bring my mom to live with me in the USA (putting in mind the situation that she is alone and no one is there to take care of her)?

Please let me know what you think and how I can take care of this problem?

Best Regards

As a permanent resident, you cannot sponsor your parents. Only US citizens may sponsor their parents.

I know that, I posted my request to see if there is any other way, lets say humanitirian causes or any other legal ways that would help this poor widow!

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you

If your spouse was already a US citizen when you got your green card, you'll be eligible for citizenship in about a year with the 3-year rule (assuming you're still living with and married to the same spouse), then once you become a citizen you can file for your mother to immigrate.