What are PRs supposed to do when they are leaving the US?

ZeusNero

Registered Users (C)
No one checked anything when I was leaving. The airline just looked at my passport.

Now, when I go back to the US, how will CBP know when did I leave the US?

Did I do something wrong here? Was I supposed to tell someone about this.

All passenger manifests are forwarded to CBP.
All airlines print boarding cards after getting a electronic clearance from CBP, so don't worry besides they are 100 times more concerned and keep track of people coming and going from US religiously.

There was once a pilot program requesting PRs to have a I-94 form (arrival and departure record form).

If I am in charge of CBP, I would not trust passenger manifests. They don't have crucual information lke A# etc

No one checked anything when I was leaving. The airline just looked at my passport.

Now, when I go back to the US, how will CBP know when did I leave the US?

Did I do something wrong here? Was I supposed to tell someone about this.

It depends on the purpose and length of your trip. If you are outside the U.S. for a year or more without a re-entry permit, your LPR status will be presumed abandoned. If you are working abroad for a U.S. company for an extended period of time, you file an N-470 in addition to the I-131 (for re-entry permit) IF you plan on naturalizing as soon as you become eligible.

It should go without saying that committing any crime while abroad REGARDLESS OF THE LENGTH OF THE TRIP can make you inadmissible to the U.S.

It depends on the purpose and length of your trip. If you are outside the U.S. for a year or more without a re-entry permit, your LPR status will be presumed abandoned. If you are working abroad for a U.S. company for an extended period of time, you file an N-470 in addition to the I-131 (for re-entry permit) IF you plan on naturalizing as soon as you become eligible.

It should go without saying that committing any crime while abroad REGARDLESS OF THE LENGTH OF THE TRIP can make you inadmissible to the U.S.

I am a student who is home for the winter break. I will be outside of the US for 34 days. I will of course not be committing any crimes, but I did run into trouble with the law within a year of admission. Got caught jumping a turnstile on the NYC subway and had to pay a $100 fine.

Hopefully I am not going to get into trouble at the POE for this.

I am a student who is home for the winter break. I will be outside of the US for 34 days. I will of course not be committing any crimes, but I did run into trouble with the law within a year of admission. Got caught jumping a turnstile on the NYC subway and had to pay a $100 fine.

Hopefully I am not going to get into trouble at the POE for this.

I replied to your PM. Don't sweat it. You paid your fine. It's no big deal.

There was once a pilot program requesting PRs to have a I-94 form (arrival and departure record form).

If I am in charge of CBP, I would not trust passenger manifests. They don't have crucual information lke A# etc

Sometimes they swipe the green card when you check in for an outbound flight, and that captures the A#. Other times, they enter the passport number which can easily be linked to your A# if you ever used the same passport to enter the US with a GC or during the GC process.