what are my chances/options?

zoldyck

Registered Users (C)
i try to make my story short. been married to my USC wife 1 1/2 years. but now, our relationship is not working out. i-130 approved last feb, then filed the i-485 and 765 last july 2011. what if or she withdraw the i-130,

1.do i still have the chance to get my EAD?
2. if she withdrew the petition, will the ICE chase me again or they send letter for deportation first? bec. every single minute i am so worried that ICE will come to my place and pick me up. please i need your input.

3. if she withdraw the petition, what are my chances to stay here in US? i dont wanna go back where i came from, my family already spent all the money just to come here in US. in short, i am BROKE, i dont have savings to start over. i did not finish my college, so getting a stable job is hard in our country.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your desire to make your story short, you left out TOO much important information to get any useful feedback.

Did you enter the U.S. legally? How exactly? When and what has happened since?

You talk of ICE chasing you again. What's up with that? WHY? Have you already been ordered deported? Why? What's the charge?

Is it a REAL marriage?

To answer the question in the other post.... read 8 CFR 216.5 AFTER you read it and the I-751 Form Instructions, THEN ask questions. However, it does not apply to you.

Need more info .
What hapen its already happen. If you could go and convince wifie not to withdraw would be the best , than even after ,you going to need time till you pass interview , which she is going to play important role.
ICE will pick you up only if you have felony. If you have felony than you are already in D Procedings and if you trying to get GC through marriage it is going to be very very dificult, all depence from your felony case ,your wife, and most important your Lawyer.
If you get letter from Immigration asking to apear in there office ,dont go without your lawyer(good one).
Your wife is your present and future life, ev evrything depence on here. I it is yours to think and why did you pisse her off so much.Stay cool. :cool:

In your desire to make your story short, you left out TOO much important information to get any useful feedback.

Did you enter the U.S. legally? How exactly? When and what has happened since?

You talk of ICE chasing you again. What's up with that? WHY? Have you already been ordered deported? Why? What's the charge?

Is it a REAL marriage?

To answer the question in the other post.... read 8 CFR 216.5 AFTER you read it and the I-751 Form Instructions, THEN ask questions. However, it does not apply to you.

i entered in US legally as a tourist last april 2006, my visa was expired last nov 2010.

oh yes, that was nov. 2007 or 08. they came to the place where i live, i was detained for 4 days. then paid for the bond, then i just got the deportation letter on jan 2, 2010 (my new year's gift:() the reason is over staying bec. they only give me 6 months to stay in the US. NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

Yes a real marriage.

i will read that, thanks!

@bassman, thanks for the reply, i did not piss her off, shes the one who pissed me off. one of the reason is, she dont want me to go out without her, i cant leave the house without her. you think thats right? especially for a MAN?? i live with that for a year, but recently, i cant anymore. i cant breath.

we dont talk anymore, i dont know whats her plan, hopefully shes not gonna do it. (crossed finger) what bothers me and my family the most is ICE will take me again, maybe i can accept the deportation but not that, i dont wanna go back to the barracks again, its killing me, and the handcuff, thats the first time i wear that, feels like im a criminal and i dont want to wear it again.:(

Brother ,you dont have many choices. Once you in ICE record, you will stay there and they will monitore your status . That's there job which they do it with pride. . It looks like she is leting you know that she is the bos . Even if you guys devorce you will have time to pack up but consullt good lawyer.
Go with the flow ore ,you know consequences .You are married for love, you are not single any way. Your wife is your family not your friends , time passes fast and will fix everything . :cool:Just take it easy and stay cool .

Dude you cant eat your cake and have it. If you could not cope with a clingy woman, you should not have married her. Suck it up bro, get some counseling and work on that marriage.

By the way, you're very sure that marriage was legit? :)

i entered in US legally as a tourist last april 2006, my visa was expired last nov 2010.

oh yes, that was nov. 2007 or 08. they came to the place where i live, i was detained for 4 days. then paid for the bond, then i just got the deportation letter on jan 2, 2010 (my new year's gift:() the reason is over staying bec. they only give me 6 months to stay in the US. NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

Yes a real marriage.
(

If you reckon your marriage will not survive, you can simply depart that US. That way, you will not have to live in constant fear. If you reckon you can save your marriage, then work on it and make sure your wife accompanies you to your AOS interview.

every single minute i am so worried that ICE will come to my place and pick me up.

well, when we were still bf & gf, everythings ok., but living in the same roof is pretty hard, plus financial.

ok ok., i know my wife is the only key in my case..:( so my final questions;

1. if she withdraw the petition (i130, are they (USCIS) gonna notify me through mail? (i-485 and i-765) how long it will take, is there a fee for withdrawal?
2. are they going to send the deportation letter first before they go to my place to pick me up?
3. if i go back to my country, am i still eligible to go back here in the US?

thanks a lot to your input.

well, when we were still bf & gf, everythings ok., but living in the same roof is pretty hard, plus financial.

ok ok., i know my wife is the only key in my case..:( so my final questions;

1. if she withdraw the petition (i130, are they (USCIS) gonna notify me through mail? (i-485 and i-765) how long it will take, is there a fee for withdrawal?
2. are they going to send the deportation letter first before they go to my place to pick me up?
3. if i go back to my country, am i still eligible to go back here in the US?

thanks a lot to your input.

You have twice mentioned "deportation letter" There is NO SUCH THING. You either have rec'd an NTA (Notice to Appear I-862) OR a an actual Order of Removal.

A Order based on an overstay of a lawful admission may be issued in one of two ways. (1) An IJ (Immigration Judge) see you in court or you fail to appear and the IJ Orders Removal. (2) ICE issued an Administrative Final Order for a visa waiver participant who overstays.

YOU probably got an NTA as an overstay.

What does the actual paper say?