what 2 years in 5 years rule

kris1760

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
I read in the internet that as per the new rules a person can out of canada for two yaers in five years.Waht does it mean.I a get my landing visa then I can go back to my home country and stay there for two years and return back to canada still my vis ais valid.
Can some one help to understand this rule. What are changes to new rule than before

regards

Originally posted by kris1760
Hi!
I read in the internet that as per the new rules a person can out of canada for two yaers in five years.Waht does it mean.I a get my landing visa then I can go back to my home country and stay there for two years and return back to canada still my vis ais valid.
Can some one help to understand this rule. What are changes to new rule than before

regards

No, its the other way around, you need to be in canada for 2 years out of 5 year period to retain your PR status.

Hope this info helps you.

Vjy

2years stay in 5 years

If one lands in canada and leaves for his home country and come back after two years, his pr is still valid.To keep its validitywhat shall one do.Earlier one has to stay min 183 day in a year. Is it better than before.

I hope some one reply.
regards

From your Landing date in Canada you can be out of canada for 3 years in any 5 years. you need to be in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years for PR.
this after the new law that became effective 28 June 2002.

183 days or 6 months rule was in the past before new law.

Thats right. You just have to be in canada for 2 years for the five year period after you land.

But what about the citizenship?? Do you have to stay 3 years to get citizenship??