What 2 do ? RFE replied more than 120 days + 2nd FP done

gambler

Registered Users (C)
I am starting this thread to explore the options for cases who have valid FP (1st /2nd /3rd) and RFE reply recevied by UCSIS after Oct 03 till Feb 04.
The current trend (feb 04 onwards) shows that if your FP's are valid then USCIS is clearing your case within 10-20 days of replying back your RFE .
But there are a lot of cases like mine who have no update:
RD JUN 02, RFE recvd by USCIS Dec03, FP2 done early Mar 04, Online status shows RFE received.
My suggestion is to get a petition faxed and signed by all individuals concerned. I don't want to leave any chance to let my file gather dust.
Any other thoughts ??

TRUE

I have similar details (Fp2 done, rfe received in january).
Nothing yet. even the fp2 is not updated. just the idiotic msg of rfe received.
All my feelings have been obtundated because of this entire process :mad:
even my law office doesn't know what to do.:confused:

Does somebody want to help draft a letter to VSC director ? I want to put in EAC #'s and Names.
BTW ,I contacted my lawyer who refuses to contact VSC as my case is well within the projected time frame of 2yrs (maybe after a few months it will be 3 yrs:) ). I am not suprised because he is from my Company's immi dept.

I am tired of waiting now and have no hope of things moving on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might all be approved soon, as I've seen cases where the approvals came 2 months after 2nd FP.

Originally posted by ar888
You might all be approved soon, as I've seen cases where the approvals came 2 months after 2nd FP.
Prbly yes. But the new trend is different. They are clearing new RFE cases almost immediately ?
I replied to my RFE within a week and the status still shows the same. There is no FP2 message for most of us.
I am reading 2 much into this ??

There is no method in the madness- don't try to read anything into it. Be patient- one fine day you will get your pleasent surprise- than you can put all this garbage behind you.
Till then - Don't Worry be Happy:eek:

Originally posted by gambler
Does somebody want to help draft a letter to VSC director ? I want to put in EAC #'s and Names.
BTW ,I contacted my lawyer who refuses to contact VSC as my case is well within the projected time frame of 2yrs (maybe after a few months it will be 3 yrs:) ). I am not suprised because he is from my Company's immi dept.

I am tired of waiting now and have no hope of things moving on their own.

Though i don't belong to this group, i know that there are a lot of people in this boat. The worst thing to do is to wait hoping that the approval will come soon (Is it not what you are hoping for the past 4 months). The wait can go on for very long time. As you said, go ahead and prepare a letter and get it signed by other people in the same boat and then fax it to VSC director. The letter can be quite simple. You may not need any external help for that. As long as the other person understands it, it is OK.

why 2nd FP?

Sorry I am new to I485.. my husband's I140 is just approved after almost 2 years waiting. We had FP done in Nov 2002. I saw a lot of people have 2nd FP or even 3rd FP.. does FP expire after certain period of time?

count me in
FP2 - Aug 03
Pay Stubs RFE - Nov 03
FP3 - ASC officer said not needed
No action after that except another letter saying that the FPs were not found and that they would reschedule FPs again.
Strange are the ways of INS.

Please PM me your EAC#'s and RD,ND, Date of RFE, Date of 2nd FP. I will compose a fax and put it in a seperate thread for your inputs.
Thanks.

Re: why 2nd FP?

Originally posted by hueymeei
Sorry I am new to I485.. my husband's I140 is just approved after almost 2 years waiting. We had FP done in Nov 2002. I saw a lot of people have 2nd FP or even 3rd FP.. does FP expire after certain period of time?

Yes. It expires after 15 months (some say 18 months) Do not ask me why. I thought my finger prints were the same for decades:D :D :p

Gambler,

I can understand the pain. I am not sure if i have missed anything. Have you tried, seeking help from the senators.

Most likely your case is waiting for FBI/Name check crap and you are not cleared as yet! I feel they have everything from you,but i that's the only thing that's delaying your cases and others.

Apparently, there's nobody whoh can explain what are these new security checks all about. Nobody has an explanations for FBI/Name checks.

But for sure.........i have gone to the bottom of this, and i quite confident that's the case for you guys.

You might want to talk to an immigration officer, initiate a status inquiry or something.. so you get to know something...

Please keep the hope. You all have come long way!!!

Originally posted by gambler
Please PM me your EAC#'s and RD,ND, Date of RFE, Date of 2nd FP. I will compose a fax and put it in a seperate thread for your inputs.
Thanks.

Good initiative. Make sure that you don't publish the EAC numbers of the members. One of the core team members 'rajum' is in the same boat. He has submitted his RFE response about 5 months back and nothing happened after that.
I am sure that Security check is not the reason. The reason is simple : your badluck.

Originally posted by dsatish
Good initiative. Make sure that you don't publish the EAC numbers of the members. One of the core team members 'rajum' is in the same boat. He has submitted his RFE response about 5 months back and nothing happened after that.
I am sure that Security check is not the reason. The reason is simple : your badluck.
Thanks dsatish.
I will keep in mind not to publish any privy info. I have still not received any :)
On the senator aspect, the issue is I belong to Upstate Ny and my senator is Clinton. Congressman is Ammo and both of them are anti immigrant. One of my friends tried contacting them and were turned down on the pretext that the current processing time is Jan'02 so your case is beyond that. Check back when your date is current. So am not sure if that is going to prove helpful.