Well I now know whats goin on...

Brenglen

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

Remember I posted a thread in early of July about not receiving a letter in the mail by USCIS to ask for more evidence about my case...well I checked my case statis today and this is what I got...

"Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on July 24, 2006. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Thought so, I knew it was Lost in the mail or something...I gotta call tomorow morning.

Has anyone else having delays or lost in the mail reports?

That has happened to many. Call the 800 number and verify your address on your applications. Also make sure that your name is on your mailbox.

It's really odd that the letter was "Undelieverable".

Well I called today, it was a 2 minute wait... :eek: I couldn't believe it lol. anyways, the Lady looked at my Case statis, then asked for General Information about me, so then she told me that if I don't receive anything in the mail in 30 days then to call back but feel free to Calls us whenever you want, then she gave me a Referal number.

So what she is trying to say is she is going to Re-send the orignal letter to my house?

same thing here!

what particular application were you referring to? mine was on the employment permit. the thing is, our lawyer e-filed it for us so i don't know whether we should even call the 800 number. when i asked my lawyer about it, he told me to just ask about it on the interview since my interview's coming up in a few weeks. i'm putting my trust on him on this one and would not be doing anything about it for now.

babybunny said:
same thing here!

what particular application were you referring to? mine was on the employment permit. the thing is, our lawyer e-filed it for us so i don't know whether we should even call the 800 number. when i asked my lawyer about it, he told me to just ask about it on the interview since my interview's coming up in a few weeks. i'm putting my trust on him on this one and would not be doing anything about it for now.

Yeah its really odd but no worries, I am doing the I-130, I-485..etc, My Step dad is going to be sponsering but anyways back to your queston, I would advise you talk to your lawyer, because if you call the 800 number, their gunna ask for a Reciest number and I bet your Lawyer has it lol...if you have it then I guess you could call the 800 number...its really your choice.

Brenglen said:
It's really odd that the letter was "Undelieverable".
You never said if your name is on your mailbox at home. If it isn't then its not odd at all. This is one of the biggest reasons why EADs/GCs etc get "lost in the mail".

dr_lha said:
You never said if your name is on your mailbox at home. If it isn't then its not odd at all. This is one of the biggest reasons why EADs/GCs etc get "lost in the mail".

Name on the Mailbox? I live in an Apartment with my Step Father, the mailboxes are on the side of the Enterance to the Appartment building,The boxes are build inside of a wall, the mail man just puts the mail in each Apartment number box (ex.131, 132..etc). I didn't have a problem with the Receats or Apointment notices...thats why I say its Odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_lha

Name on the Mailbox? I live in an Apartment with my Step Father, the mailboxes are on the side of the Enterance to the Appartment building,The boxes are build inside of a wall, the mail man just puts the mail in each Apartment number box (ex.131, 132..etc). I didn't have a problem with the Receats or Apointment notices...thats why I say its Odd.

you need your name inside the box. all the persons that will get mail in that box must have their names on it.

is it weird that for years thatpeopel that don't have their names get mail from all over the country and the world. and they get mail that from the most critical to the most trivial. some have misspellings and other errors and they still get it on time. but for some reason, on the day the immigration letter comes the regular mail carrier is out or this time they go by the book.

put your name inside the box.