Welcome email notice email received but no card production ordered notice

neekat

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Today I received an email stating that Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
I haven't received any Approval Notice sent or Card Production Ordered email. I believe that order of emails is:
1) Approval Notice Sent
2) Card Production Ordered
3) Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

I am not sure what to make out of this. Did anyone had similar experience?
Has anyone received a physical green card without actually receiveing the "Card Production Ordered" email.

Not sure if this is the right forum but please reply back with your experiences.

Hi All,

Today I received an email stating that Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
I haven't received any Approval Notice sent or Card Production Ordered email. I believe that order of emails is:
1) Approval Notice Sent
3) Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

I am not sure what to make out of this. Did anyone had similar experience?
Has anyone received a physical green card without actually receiveing the "Card Production Ordered" email.

Not sure if this is the right forum but please reply back with your experiences.

I am also in the same phase but a bit different.

As far as i know the order is:
1) Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
3) Approval Notice Sent

I just got the Approval Notice sent message on 8/12/08 and got the mail on 8/18/08 but no cards till now.

There is already athread on this and some answers are available there:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=284485

Thanks hiUS.

Can you please post the dates you received the emails Welcome notice and card production ordered and also the actual dates for receiving the hard copy of the notice.

Thanks

Thanks hiUS.

Can you please post the dates you received the emails Welcome notice and card production ordered and also the actual dates for receiving the hard copy of the notice.

Thanks

The only email and message I got is Approval Notice sent. There is no Welcome Notice ...or Card Production Ordered.

On 8/12/08 Approval Ntice sent message
Mail received by post on 8/18/08
As per the discussion int eh forums and from the answers i got from the thread I opened, I am expecting that i will receive the cards some time this month.
Is it the message for your on Approval Notice sent status which I got? (I pasted the message in the thread I opened. You can see the link in my previous post)

My case was approved on 08/30/08 and I got my GC at the end of 3rd week. My wife's I-485 was approved on 08/13/08 and we have not received her GC yet. Our applications were processed by TSC.

She received welcome notice and approval notice. There is no update on her case since then (LUD: "approval notice mailed"). I received email notices like card production ordered and card mailed before receiving my card. No further notice has been emailed for my wife's application. I am sort of hoping to receive the card in mail without seeing an update on the case #. Keep me posted plz.

Also check out http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=285372

Last edited by a moderator:
No Physical cards till now

My case was approved on 08/30/08 and I got my GC at the end of 3rd week. My wife's I-485 was approved on 08/13/08 and we have not received her GC yet. Our applications were processed by TSC.

She received welcome notice and approval notice. There is no update on her case since then (LUD: "approval notice mailed"). I received email notices like card production ordered and card mailed before receiving my card. No further notice has been emailed for my wife's application. I am sort of hoping to receive the card in mail without seeing an update on the case #. Keep me posted plz.

Also check out http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=285372

I am also in the same boat.

my message was also same as your wife's.

08/12/08 - Approval Notice sent message (This is the only message I got)
08/18/08 - Received the Approval Notice by post

no cards till now...:confused:

I am also from TSC.

Please do post any body who got their cards after similar kind of experience.

Also check out: http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=284485

did your wife got her GC?

looking at the approval dates, yours is a day earlier than my wife's approval date. something might have happened around those days to cause some delay. who knows?

Nope!

did your wife got her GC?

looking at the approval dates, yours is a day earlier than my wife's approval date. something might have happened around those days to cause some delay. who knows?

No,

we both has the same message on the same day and nothing after that. I have seen some on these forums in the same situatuion with the same dates.

No,

we both has the same message on the same day and nothing after that. I have seen some on these forums in the same situatuion with the same dates.

hiUS, I called the Customer Serv. Center and reached TSC with the instructions given at this forum. So I was able to talk a lady at TSC. She first asked if my wife gave her biometrics and I said yes (we gave biometrics on the same day together). Then, she told me that my wife's biometrics were uploaded to CSC not TSC (well, somehow mine ended up directly at TSC). She said that it was uploaded to CSC because our applications were initially sent there. She is actually wrong with that, because our applications were sent to NSC not CSC and then transferred to TSC (I did not correct her as I did not want to piss off anyone there). Anyway, she said that she will request her biometrics to be uploaded to TSC which will possible take 3-4 days. She told me that we should expect to receive the card in 30 days.

I am pretty satisfied with the way IO treated me. I do not know if everything will be fine now and if we will happily receive her card within next 30 days and happily live after. But I am hoping so. :)

Now I am wondering if I did not call TSC and requested information, would they figure this out themselves? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacting TSC

hiUS, I called the Customer Serv. Center and reached TSC with the instructions given at this forum. So I was able to talk a lady at TSC. She first asked if my wife gave her biometrics and I said yes (we gave biometrics on the same day together). Then, she told me that my wife's biometrics were uploaded to CSC not TSC (well, somehow mine ended up directly at TSC). She said that it was uploaded to CSC because our applications were initially sent there. She is actually wrong with that, because our applications were sent to NSC not CSC and then transferred to TSC (I did not correct her as I did not want to piss off anyone there). Anyway, she said that she will request her biometrics to be uploaded to TSC which will possible take 3-4 days. She told me that we should expect to receive the card in 30 days.

I am pretty satisfied with the way IO treated me. I do not know if everything will be fine now and we will happily receive her card within next 30 days. But I am hoping so.

Now I am wondering if I did not call TSC and requested information, would they figure this out themselves? Probably not.

Hello,
Could you please advise as to how you were able to reach the TSC on the phone? I've read some of the instructions in the old mesgs, but I think their menu has changed, and the digit selections are different. I would like to try this out too. Thanks for your help.

Hello,
Could you please advise as to how you were able to reach the TSC on the phone? I've read some of the instructions in the old mesgs, but I think their menu has changed, and the digit selections are different. I would like to try this out too. Thanks for your help.

Sure, select options as if you are checking your status on the phone (i.e. push buttons leading that direction, enter your receipt # listen to your LUD etc.). After that select the option which refers to "you believe you have a problem with your application" section (I think that is option 3). Then select the option which points problem with multiple applications (like if you believe your derivatives application seperated etc.). That one is option #4. That ended up at TSC IO. I hope my intstructions above will be helpful to you.

Biometrics

I am pretty satisfied with the way IO treated me. I do not know if everything will be fine now and if we will happily receive her card within next 30 days and happily live after. But I am hoping so. :)

It seems yo got lucky with the right IO. Till now I never tried to reach Customer Service. May be now I need to.

Even I heard din the forums that they was a problem in their systme regarding uploading of Biometrics for teh cases transfered to CSC and then to TSC. May be it is one of the reason why our cards got held up.Any ways some guys took the Infopass next week. So, let us see how it goes and I will act accordingly.

Sure, select options as if you are checking your status on the phone (i.e. push buttons leading that direction, enter your receipt # listen to your LUD etc.). After that select the option which refers to "you believe you have a problem with your application" section (I think that is option 3). Then select the option which points problem with multiple applications (like if you believe your derivatives application seperated etc.). That one is option #4. That ended up at TSC IO. I hope my intstructions above will be helpful to you.

Thanks so much for your prompt help. I will post a mesg if I am able to speak to an IO. I have one more question, which might be silly, but, how did you know that its an IO? Did you ask if this was the TSC and if you were speaking to an IO? or does the VR system say that you are being connected to an IO?
Thanks.

Thanks so much for your prompt help. I will post a mesg if I am able to speak to an IO. I have one more question, which might be silly, but, how did you know that its an IO? Did you ask if this was the TSC and if you were speaking to an IO? or does the VR system say that you are being connected to an IO?
Thanks.

Before you talk to someone you hear welcome message for TSC. I guess based on your receipt # you get connected to your SC. You do not choose one among others. Actually I do not know if the person was an IO. I assumed so. But she was able to check the case with receipt # and was able to tell me the problem with biometrics.

hiUS, I do not think there is any issue about calling Customer Serv. You can do that and worst you get will be your case's current status. As far as I understand, if you go to local office with Infopass, the best you can get is a temp stamp on your passport (if you need it). I do not think they do more face-to-face compared to on the phone. But if phone option does not work, paying a visit to local office will always be there as a good and the last option. good luck to all of us.

Thanks

Before you talk to someone you hear welcome message for TSC. I guess based on your receipt # you get connected to your SC. You do not choose one among others. Actually I do not know if the person was an IO. I assumed so. But she was able to check the case with receipt # and was able to tell me the problem with biometrics.

hiUS, I do not think there is any issue about calling Customer Serv. You can do that and worst you get will be your case's current status. As far as I understand, if you go to local office with Infopass, the best you can get is a temp stamp on your passport (if you need it). I do not think they do more face-to-face compared to on the phone. But if phone option does not work, paying a visit to local office will always be there as a good and the last option. good luck to all of us.

Thanks archilles.

I will try that.

I only reason I avoided is, I just thought of waiting for a month and try for it.

good luck to all of us.

Hi,
Thanks to your help, I think I got to somebody at TSC, and I don't know if I said something wrong, coz before I knew it, the lady had hung up on me! :mad:
I said that I would like to inquire on status of my application, and she said call the 1-800# and do some Service Request stuff? I started to tell her that I did that, so she said 'then wait for reply in mail' and hung up before I could say anything! :(

I was dumbfounded for a few mins...and did not think it would be right to call back.
There should be many people in TSC right? May be if I call later, I may get a nice person?
I don't want to get anyone angry there..but how does one deal with this kind of behavior?

Spoke to Customer Service

She was rude and did not even give me the chance to speak.

What she told is 'My case is approved and they are missing the Biometrics and I will be getting the mail to appear for the Biometrics'
...and She is not even giving me the chance to explaint the scenario of uploading the Biometrics to TSC etc...
When I tried to tell this, the answer I got is "I don't want to hear anything from you and you will be getting the Biometrics mail as we are missing"

She was rude and did not even give me the chance to speak.

What she told is 'My case is approved and they are missing the Biometrics and I will be getting the mail to appear for the Biometrics'
...and She is not even giving me the chance to explaint the scenario of uploading the Biometrics to TSC etc...
When I tried to tell this, the answer I got is "I don't want to hear anything from you and you will be getting the Biometrics mail as we are missing"

The response you get really depends on the person you talk to and you have no power to select a good one. But look at it from the bright side, you know why your cards have not shown up yet. It sounds like missing biometrics are primary reason for a delayed card delivery after approval notice. However, like I said above, my wife and I got biometrics taken on the same day, at the same time and the same place. Mine did not get lost or sent somewhereelse but they say hers did. Who knows why.

That's true

The response you get really depends on the person you talk to and you have no power to select a good one. But look at it from the bright side, you know why your cards have not shown up yet. It sounds like missing biometrics are primary reason for a delayed card delivery after approval notice. However, like I said above, my wife and I got biometrics taken on the same day, at the same time and the same place. Mine did not get lost or sent somewhereelse but they say hers did. Who knows why.

That's true. It's just wait n see game. Mot of these IO's also doesn't have much access. I think they ust say something to satisfy the people if they are a bit good otherwise the IO will be like i encountered.