Welcome E-mail Contents

Hi,

I know some of you in this forum already got Permanent Residency. Some of your recently got your GCs. I was wondering if one of you could copy and paste them contents of the "Welcome to the New Resident" email sent by USCIS to you.

I was just wondering what it says. :D

You should make a business out of selling them. But better wait for your EAD first! (can you engage in self employment activities without an EAD?) I'd trade you a carnuntum souvenir for a guide, but the IRS would consider that barter income for you. :D

I was surprised that they had them in so many different languages, and yet I was puzzled why this was just about the only information on the USCIS website in multiple languages. You're supposed to master the english language for all the immigration forms, then we give you a welcome guide in your native language. Incidentally, the PDFs for some languages produced 10 times larger files than others, I thought that was interesting too.

Anyway, how did you get your hands on the printed copies? Political connections in Caracas? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Political connections here in the US ;) LOL.

I got a few of them, because I volunteer for an organization that helps lawful hispanics (there are some) with immigration process. I got several of the little welcome guides in english (as they should).

Want one or not? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Political connections here in the US ;) LOL.

I got a few of them, because I volunteer for an organization that helps lawful hispanics (there are some) with immigration process. I got several of the little welcome guides in english (as they should).

Want one or not? :)

That's very noble of you, and I don't doubt that there are legal and illegal immigrants across all ethnicities. You must be doing this during the two hours of the day that you're not hanging out at this forum, answering questions here. :p

I think I'll wait to have a nice glossy brand spanking new welcome guide in my hands until I'm officially welcome (you'd think it's about time they welcome me, after almost 12 years in the US). Anyway, I already read through the whole guide online. If they don't send me one, I'll take you up on your offer, if you have any left! :)

Thanks for the welcome, and welcome to you too! Now we just need the government to join in to our welcome party! :)

The status on my account was changing so fast after the approval, and I couldn't go back to retrieve the particular message you asked for. Right after the "welcome" note, you'll also get "approval notice sent," "card production ordered," and "card mailed." Well, in my case, I just keep getting "approval notice sent" 3 times after the card production email.

I mean, did you receive an email? that is what I want to know. What the email says... which if you did receive one, it would be in your inbox? :)

I deleted everything after I received my physical card. Luckily, I hadn't empty trash folder yet. Here it is:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On May 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)