Weird Msg on my I-140 after change of employer.

rp1740

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was approved 2 years back but my I-485 was pending due retrogression. Today I got a very wierd message on my I-140 saying "On August 2, 2006 the appropriate American Consulate or port of entry was notified by cable, telephone, or fax of the approval of this case."

My LUD on my I485 and my wife's I485 was also updated though the status message did not change. Do anyone know what this message is all about? Has anyone come across similar situation? I'am on EAD and have parolled into U.S before using advance parolle.

rp1740 said:
My I-140 was approved 2 years back but my I-485 was pending due retrogression. Today I got a very wierd message on my I-140 saying "On August 2, 2006 the appropriate American Consulate or port of entry was notified by cable, telephone, or fax of the approval of this case."

My LUD on my I485 and my wife's I485 was also updated though the status message did not change. Do anyone know what this message is all about? Has anyone come across similar situation? I'am on EAD and have parolled into U.S before using advance parolle.

I got the same message when my 140 was revoked by employer and 485 was denied subsequently.

rp1740 said:

Call USCIS ask for details + look for incomming mail. Contact your sponsoring employer and inquire about a possible withdrawal of I140 by him.

What are the details of your changing jobs ? If any ...

I confirmed with USCIS. The I-140 was revoked. Though I have changed my employer after 180 days, I have not filed for AC 21 yet. GreenCardVirus, from your experience, could you please tell me what next. Assuming I put all my efforts in filing AC21 in next 7-8 days, what should I do? My I-485 status is not changed yet. How long will it take for the status to change? Would it be intent to deny or directly denied? Please tell me.

rp1740 said:
I confirmed with USCIS. The I-140 was revoked. Though I have changed my employer after 180 days, I have not filed for AC 21 yet. GreenCardVirus, from your experience, could you please tell me what next. Assuming I put all my efforts in filing AC21 in next 7-8 days, what should I do? My I-485 status is not changed yet. How long will it take for the status to change? Would it be intent to deny or directly denied? Please tell me.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198466

Here the link.

Be prepared for NOID as well as Denial. Get employment letter, pay stubs etc. No status chage on 485, only LUD. You got to wait for the letter.

I hope I get NOID first rather than straight denial. If NOID is sent first then I'am guessing I should be having atleast 30 days to respond before USCIS actually deny my application. If my 485 is denied and then I raise a MTR, wouldn't my stay be illegal until the MTR case is determined?
GreenCardVirus, what do you say? I'am really worried.

rp1740 said:
If my 485 is denied and then I raise a MTR, wouldn't my stay be illegal until the MTR case is determined?

Unfortunately, one is deemed illegal once your 485 is denied, but it wont harm the application until you post denial stay exceeds 180 days. If the application is eventually reopened, then all your stay will be deemed legal. You can continue working if you are eligible for AC21 as long as your EAD is valid. If you get NOID, then no problems, life is easy.

My I-485 message is still the same though my LUD had updated. So, when does it change to 'Denied'? Or 'NOID'. Or do I just get a letter stating denial? Any idea GreenCardVirus? Also, could you please suggest some good lawyers that you know of.
The priority date, what happens to that after I-140 revocation?

rp1740 said:
My I-485 message is still the same though my LUD had updated. So, when does it change to 'Denied'? Or 'NOID'. Or do I just get a letter stating denial? Any idea GreenCardVirus? Also, could you please suggest some good lawyers that you know of.
The priority date, what happens to that after I-140 revocation?
For me, only LUD, no message change. PD is no problem, remains same.

GreenCardVirus, In you earlier profile you said your I-485 still showed your old lawyer's name. How did you find this information? I too want to see wheater or not my lawyer was changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
rp1740 said:
GreenCardVirus, In you earlier profile you said your I-485 still showed your old lawyer's name. How did you find this information? I too want to see wheater or not my lawyer was changed?

Denial letter had the lawyers name on it. The old lawyer also got a copy of 485 denial which they sent to me. All this was about 6 - 8 weeks from date I sent AC21 with new G-28 for new lawyer.

rp1740 ....

I understand your worries, i have been through that.

Once you get a good lawyer, all your concerns will be dealt with. You are in status just as Greencardvirus said. He has given you wonderful suggestions.

Please dont over sweat this situation, this will take a while for you to file for MTR with AC21 details + Current employer letter + pay stubs + may be Tax returns and a little wait for about 1-3 months. You case will be re-open. Msg in your I485 online status will be changed and hopefully will get approved soon too.

All of this will take its course but you will get there. Good Luck

Thank you Cheeko and GreenCardVirus. I'am working with my lawyer to file the AC21. I'am keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best.

rp1740 said:
Thank you Cheeko and GreenCardVirus. I'am working with my lawyer to file the AC21. I'am keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best.

Do not worry. You have a strong case.

rp1740 said:
Kindly let me know
Are you waiting for that NOID/Denial letter to reach you before you take any action?
How much your lawyer has agreed to charge you to file AC21 ?
Will you file MTR ?
How much will it cost you to file MTR ?

Thanks

I consulted with a reputed attorney. Now here is what bothers me. I asked the attorney, what was the reason my ex-employer revoked my I-140 after more than 180 days had crossed and it was known that I would be filing AC21? Can he use the same labor again?
She replied yes and they can use it on someone again even after my AC21 is approved and my I-485 reopened. So my question was, in that case, what happens at the time of adjudication of my I-485? She replied that in that case
the person who's 485 get approved first will get away and the next person's approval of I-485 will be denied.
If that is true, then the whole purpose of AC21 makes no sense.

rp1740 said:
I consulted with a reputed attorney. Now here is what bothers me. I asked the attorney, what was the reason my ex-employer revoked my I-140 after more than 180 days had crossed and it was known that I would be filing AC21? Can he use the same labor again?
She replied yes and they can use it on someone again even after my AC21 is approved and my I-485 reopened. So my question was, in that case, what happens at the time of adjudication of my I-485? She replied that in that case
the person who's 485 get approved first will get away and the next person's approval of I-485 will be denied.
I don't think that is true. You don't have to be bothered about how the labor be used. Your I140 is still valid.

The following is from the Yates Memo August4, 2003.
"As discussed above, if an alien is the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 and is also
the beneficiary of a Form I-485 that has been pending 180 days or longer, then the approved
Form I-140 remains valid with respect to a new offer of employment under the flexibility
provisions of §106(c) of AC21.
Accordingly, if the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that
the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 shall remain valid under
the provisions of §106(c) of AC21. It is expected that the alien will have submitted evidence to
the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is
in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the
petition was filed. Accordingly, if the underlying approved Form I-140 is withdrawn, and the
alien has not submitted evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment, the adjudicating
officer must issue a Notice of Intent to Deny the pending Form I-485. See 8 CFR
103.2(b)(16)(i). If the evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment submitted in response
to the Notice of Intent to Deny is timely filed and it appears that the alien has a new offer of
employment in the same or similar occupation, the BCIS may consider the approved Form I-140
to remain valid with respect to the new offer of employment and may continue regular
processing of the Form I-485. If the applicant responds to the Notice of Intent to Deny, but has
not established that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupation, the
adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485. If the alien does not respond or fails
to timely respond to the Notice of Intent to Deny, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny
the Form I-485."

Your leading has to fight based on this.

Lets say, even if a new guy applies 485 using your labor the receipt date will be later than yours, so your case will done first.

rp1740 said:

Which lawyer?

I have been on the watch for such a case when original filer was denied 485 because labor was reused by former employer, could not find any.

Search for AC21+mitosis on google.

indian_gc_ocean said:
Lets say, even if a new guy applies 485 using your labor the receipt date will be later than yours, so your case will done first.

What if the original guy gets stuck in Name Check, like my case?

GreenCardVirus said:
What if the original guy gets stuck in Name Check, like my case?
Assuming his leading lawyer is true, thats right, NC is worrysome because visa number is allocated only after NC. Then again thats a 30% possibility.

But isn't the AC21 is all about keeping the validity of I140.

After all the other guy is using sub labor.