• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

wearing police uniform to DV interview

judend

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Please I want to confirm whether it is appropriate for a police officer to wear his uniform to the interview. Is it advantageous or disadvantageous?

Police Uniform

Hello,
Please I want to confirm whether it is appropriate for a police officer to wear his uniform to the interview. Is it advantageous or disadvantageous?

This is a new one that someone else might be better in answering but let me shoot out a few points. First of all, are you a police officer? I assume you are, so this is who you are and all the papers that you have filled show clearly that you have had the Police Training (they will ask you if you have any miltary or weaponry training...they ask almost everyone I believe. Here in the US, they ask on form I485 as well as during the interview).

So, if you are, what are the code of conducts with regards to usage of Police Uniform wherever country you are a Police Officer? (some countries' code of ethics has provisions with regards to usage of police uniform when not on duty)

...the main question is, what kind of message do I want to send with what I will be wearing for the interview? Will they get that message if I dress in white, or in blue or in police uniform, or in nurse clothes, or as a doctor?

In whatever you decide, am at least happy that someone here is worried about what to wear. You are very blessed and lucky that this is your worry and I wish you the very best during your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are NOT at the consulate performing your official duty as a police officer, you are there as a private citizen. Therefore you should not be in your uniform.

Hello,

CAPITAL NO. U are going there as a civilian and not a police officer. They dont care who u are and they dont want to know. Putting onn a police uniform may send wrong signals to them probably as if u want to intimidate them with it. If u can get a copy of the DV INSTRUCTION, u will notice that they totally reject applicant wearing informs for the EDV ENTRY APPLICATIONS. I strongly advice you never to go there with your uniform and dont give them the impression that you are a police officer not unless it comes up. Dont give them clues to throw questions at you. Your DS-230 FORM you sent to KCC already explain who you are cos theres a section where they ask of your occupation. So please let the CO ask u about it, but dont bring it up cos they already know who u are. One Love bro!

Hello,

@Judend,you are not to go to the embassy on POLICE UNIFORM during your interview cos CO/Consular knows that on that day and time of your interview you would be off duty from work, based on the time of interview which is working hours for a police officer to be on duty but since you would be going for your interview for a particular given date/day and time you would take a break/off from work for that day.Don't go to the embassy on POLICE UNIFORM my bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
The embassy or cosulate that you will interview in is in the minds of the US a tiny piece of the US that exists in another place. They will not let you enter in your uniform from another country. IF you show up dressed in it you will be denied entry for your interview. You have no power in the US, in fact you can't be a police officer in the US if you are not yet a citizen. Do not attempt it if you wish to be allowed into your interview.