Weared message on approval notice? Help needed.

I am in the same situation.Plz advise.

I am in the same situation. I received my I485 approval..but it says we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment togo to one of our application support center......

I called the 1-800- number and the earliset appt I got is November 23rd. I checked through infopass and I can get the appointment from today onwards.

I have to go through the 1-800 no appt or I can fix the appt through infopass to do the biometrics done.Plz advise. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Aris,
My wishes are with you and your family for completing the GC journey.

Esentha,
I sincerely advise you to do exactly what the approval notice said.
Please do not do any thing different and wait for your appointment set through 1 800 number.

This will avoid further confusion to already messed up USCIS procedures.

It is better to be patient and wait for your appointment date set through 1 800 rather than complete it through a quick info pass appointment and then have the card delayed or even not made .

This is only a suggestion.
Best wishes,
GC soon

Thanks GC for your valuable input.

I am going to wait till november 23rd.Will keep you posted. Once again thanks for your advise and time.

aris said:
Thank you for your Wishes RAK67 . Wish you the same.

Iam sure for all of us visitng this forum has become a habit and I dont see that GOOD habit going away ....

Tell me about it :)
I am addicted to this forum,

I found this

USCIS Update on Use of 800 Number for Biometric Scheduling
Posted October 17, 2005
USCIS is discontinuing use of 800 number for Biometric Scheduling and this is effective immidaitely.

I guess they must have realized how confusing this whole procedure was.

All those who already made appointments may want to call and find out what they should do next.

I am sure there will be an other update soon.
GC soon

GC can u please tell us where u found the information

Im eager to know bcoz i have already made my appointment through 1800 number for biometrics as well as infopass for stamping,since my 84 days will soon be completing next week.
If anybody has called up please post it here soon .
Thanks

I found it right here

I found it here by clicking on the link immigration.com updates.It is listed on 19th October under new developments-USCIS.

My intention is not to cause panic to any one but to inform about what I found.

My advise is those who already made appointments may simply go and get the biometrics done.

If possible and if there is time, you may call 1 800 number to get the latest information on this.

If not ,please go ahead and complete the biometrics as per the appointments.

In any case, I feel that those who already have the appointments should just follow the schedule and complete them.
Best wishes,
GC soon

aris:

Have you received your card yet ?

Upon taking biometric on oct. 19, my spouse's online message was changed to Card ordered, yesterday it was changed into "this case has been approved, an approval notice was mailed ....." It did not say "Card order was completed and Mailed". Anyone has same experience ? Thanks, Look forward to receiving the card.

Crystalview: In my spouse's case we had the same scenerio. Infact they had mailed the card. We got the card two days later. Don't worry.

Crystalview: Yes we got my Son's card. Dont worry your Spouse's Card will be in your hands shortly. I had the same case for my spouse as well.

Hi GC Soon and Gurus of this thread... I have a question for you.
I got an RFE on Sept 22nd (Employment Verification and Medicals for my family) and responded to it on Oct 7th. Around Oct 1st week i got a notice for Bio Metrics CODE 3. Appt is on Nov 16th in Atlanta.
Is there any chance of my case being approved right after my Biometrics.. Have you guys seen any trend in this?.
Appreciate your feedback.
EB2 PD: March 2001, 485 RD: Sept 2002.
VikB.

Viki_San

In my case the case was approved 3 weeks after CODE 3. Are you from a Non Retrogressed Country. If not then your case cannot be approved until the visa numbers become current or pass your PD date. USICS is trying to get all cases to approved stage(but they will not approve until visa numbers are available)

Aris,
Apprecaite your response. I am from a Retrogressed Country.
I guess then there is no point in being exited now.
Thanks again.
Vikram.

Biometrics

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your advise and support. I received my card today.

PD : 03/05/2002
Labour approval date : 10/01/2004
I140 RD : 01/03/2005
I485 RD : 01/03/2005
Finger printing : 02/09/2005
EAD AD : 03/24/2005
AP AD : 03/24/2005
I485 AD : 05/17/2005
I140 AD : 10/12/2005
I485 ND : 10/12/2005
Biometrics Appointment: 11/23/2005
I551 stamping in Sanjose on 10/24/2005
Just walked in SFO ASC for biometrics on 10/25/05
LUD changed on 10/26/2005 - Card ordered
LUD changed on 10/28/2005 - Mailed your card
Card received by mail on - 10/31/2005
category - EB3
labour - RIR

Once again thanks for all your support and advise.

Hi, Guys:

According to our attorney, they received the same approval notice for my spouse again asking for have some additional biometrics taken. Though she already received the card 10 days ago. But the attorney ask to follow the instruction. So we need to call the 1-800 again to schedule appointment.

Do not know why, the attorney said that maybe some items is not clear. His office also has similar cases asking for additonal biometric even though the clients already received the green card.

By the way, we can not see my spouse's signature on the back of the card. Maybe that's the reason, besides, the online message changed from card orderd to "this case has been approved, and an approval notice has been mailed...." instead of "the card is mailed" (see my previous posting).

By the way, this time, only our attorney received the approval notice.
Last time, both us and attorney received it.