Weared message on approval notice? Help needed.

gbmomgc,
I searched for an hour on USCIS website to find the press release for you. My mistake that I did not save the info for others use.

The following link has a post with a link to www.immigration-law.com about the news release from USCIS.

Please go through it.
I will continue to look for the link and try and post it .
Best wishes with your appointment tomorrow.
GC soon

? I 485 Approval notice ( 1 2 )

Hi, GC Soon, I appreciate so much for your time and efforts to help me out.

I just come back from taking biometrics. It is all done! No question asked. But the door guy did go inside to check (may be with the Supervisor).

Amazing thing is after I came back from ASC, I found the online status has changed to "card ordered" and I also received the email notice.

Thanks all for sharing infomation in this forum and good luck to people going for Biometrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
kandadude said:
Aye guys,when you'd called the 1800 number in the approval notice for getting an appt for biom, did you go thro an automated option of setting up the appt or were you in wait for a cust.service agent ? (atleast 20-30 mins).

gc soon had mentioned about a # option for setting up the appt. I didn't come across any # option.

Could one of you guys confirm ?

Thanks!

After you dial 1-800#, press 1-2-3 then you get there. I called twice and no waiting. Good luck.

Card mailed email for son

Thank you all for your congratulations and best wishes for my son.
I received an email today saying his card order was completed on October 7th and it has been mailed.

I am waiting to receive the card and will post once received.
gbmomgc, I am very happy that every thing went well for your appointment.

Sukhesh and RAK67, congratulations on receiving the card.

I hope every thing went well for Aris's son and crystalview.

This thread has become a home for a small family with all of us its members.

Best wishes to all.
GC soon

GC Soon, Sukhesh, and RAK67 CONGRATS!!!!!!

My sons appointmnet is on Oct 14th. Will update on what happens........

Thank you for your best wishes....

Same notice here

Hi all,

Need some advise from the folks who have been through this process. I and my wife received the same notice (Vermont Service Center) stating..."In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our Application Support Centers...".

The notice was issued on Sep 28th, but it wasn't until today that we could call VSC to schedule the appointment as the original notice was sent to our lawyer and it took a few days by the time he mailed it to us, etc. In the meantime, our 485 onlie status changed to..."Your card has been ordered and will be mailed to you once it is ready"...I was expecting the online status to remain like this (as was the case with most of the other folks in the thread) until we got the biometrics done (which incidently is scheduled for Nov 12th). But out of the blue our online status today changed to..."On October 9, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address..."

I am quite confused now. Do we have to go for the biometrics at all? I intend going for the appointment, irrespective of whether we receive the card or not, to cover all bases. But what exactly is happening here is beyond my understanding.

If you get your cards before it, you will not need biometrics. You should get the card in 3-5 days. Good luck. I got my card 3 days after that online status.

Thx

Thanks RAK67 for your message. I am hoping to receive the card soon. Though as a precaustion I have schedule the biometrics for 12th Nov.

Cheers!

Son received his card

Hello All,

We received our son's card today and my GC journey is complete.

This journey with all its delays and problems gave me a great support group and friends and well wishers through this forum.

I will continue to post,share , encourage and support others here as much my knowledge and experience allows.

Best wishes to all.

GC soon ( now GC done)
I485 ND: June 6th, 2002
FP : February 4th 2005
Approval for self,husband and older son: March 30th,2005

14 year old son's FP: May 18th,2005
Approval: August 22nd,2005
Biometrics : Ocober 4th,2005
Card received for him: October 11th,2005

Congratulations!

GC soon:

Congratulations! For getting your son's card and successful completion of your GC journey.

Thanks.
S

GC Soon & Popovaosi: Tons of congrats to you both. Thanks for your support during this time. :)

Took My son for the Appointment. No Questions asked :) . We were out in 5 minutes. It was scary :). Came home check online case status , the LUD was updated.

Now waiting for CO email and then CM email

GC Soon I have 2 Questions for you. My son is 10 years old. When we went for the appointment they took FP of right index figer only and photo. Is that what happened in your son's case also ? Or did they take the complete 10 fingers FP?

Iam slightly worried if the ASC did the correct thing :). Like I said in my previous post they did not ask me any questions , but they looked confused :)

Regards

Aris,

The index fingerprint and photo for your son is correct.
it was the same for my son too.
How ever ,they took his signature too as he is 14 years old and I am not sure if the same was for your son.

I know for immigration purposes 14 years and above is considered adult .
I do not think there is any thing to worry about your son if they did not take his signature as he is only 10.
As long as you receive the card order and card mailed emails, your son should be fine.
Best wishes to your son
GC soon

Gcsoon;

Thanks for the info. Yes I completely forgot , they took his signature also.

Waiting for the CO email :) Thanks

Got the Card ordered email today.....Almost thru ........Waiting for the last CARD now...

Got the Card Mailed Email today.....Almost thru ...Will celebrate when the CARD is in my Hands........That should clear the complete family....

Thank you for your Wishes RAK67 . Wish you the same.

Iam sure for all of us visitng this forum has become a habit and I dont see that GOOD habit going away ....