Weared message on approval notice? Help needed.

bltzkrig said:
hi all,
Congratulations to sukesh, rak67, and good luck to the rest.

I'm in the same situation. My I-485 was approved (according to online status check) on Sept 28th and the "approval" notice says the same thing about “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.”

I will call and make an appointment on Monday. My question is: I need to travel outside the US in three weeks from now. Do I have enought time? Can I request for an I-551 stamp to allow me to travel? How do I do that?

Thanks. This is a useful thread.

bltzkrig

I really can't say but the appointment that you get may be 2 to 3 weeks away and than the card will be ordered. I guess you can request infopass for stamping. Good luck

Thanks RAK67!

On line message and LUD have not changed.

On line message says:

Current Status:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

popovarosi said:
Thanks RAK67!

On line message and LUD have not changed.

On line message says:

Current Status:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Don't worry. I think it depends on the officer.

RAK67 said:
I really can't say but the appointment that you get may be 2 to 3 weeks away and than the card will be ordered. I guess you can request infopass for stamping. Good luck

thanks rak67. The earliest appt they could give me was for Nov 25th!! (I'm in southern California). I need to travel on business on Oct 22nd. I do have a valid H1 visa. Is that useless now?

Did you mean I could take an infopass appointment and request them to stamp my passport with I-551? I hope that wouldn't mess up of my processing. Any pointers appreciated.

bltzkrig

bltzkrig said:
thanks rak67. The earliest appt they could give me was for Nov 25th!! (I'm in southern California). I need to travel on business on Oct 22nd. I do have a valid H1 visa. Is that useless now?

Did you mean I could take an infopass appointment and request them to stamp my passport with I-551? I hope that wouldn't mess up of my processing. Any pointers appreciated.

bltzkrig
I am not a lawyer, just a member & my knowledge is based on postings here. May be one of the GURUS will answer the questions. I reall don't know. Search the forums and you will find that some people did infopass instead of calling USCIS. It has been posted here that some of the cases got stck i.e card got delayed. You should talk to a lawyer. Good luck again.

Just got the cards ordered email

This morning I got an email.

Current Status:

On October 3, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a
new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
RD August16, 2003
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

I-485 RD April 6, 2005
I-485 AD August 16, 2005 (strange approval notice)
I-485 AD 10/03/05(card ordered)
FP ND (code 3) June 21, 2005
Biometrics done August 5, 2005
EAD ND August 10, 2005
EAD AD August 16, 2005
FP (code2) done October 1, 2005

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05, 10/03/05

Good luck to everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
popovarosi: good to hear that. :) I got an email today that they mailed my card. Buddy we will get there :p

Difficult but all done

After a difficult half an hour prior to his appointment, my 14 year old son completed his biometrics on October 4th at 3 PM,LUD changed at 7.30 PM and on 5th morning at 7.30 AM I received the card ordered email.

It is all done and here is how it went.

I posted that on my trip prior to his appointment at Tampa ASC to see if the biometrics can be completed early, the supervisor signed his approval notice that if we cannot make it to the appointment, we can go the next saturday and complete them.

When we went for the appointment , the door guy had the my son's name in the list and let us in.

We filled out the paper and went to get the token.

The guy at the coounter first stamped the approval notice and asked for the ID.

The he took a long look at the approval notice and went inside to the supervisor with it.

After 5 minutes of talking to the supervisor, he came back straight to the door guy and told him not to allow any more people with approval notices like my son's.

He then came to me and tried telling me the same like we have to wait for the appointmwent letter with time and date.

I went steight to the point that the supervisor who signed my son's notice knew about the new approval notices and there are no more appointment letters with time and date.

He went and called the supervisor and the supervisor came out and started repeating the same.

I did not wait to listen but step by step explained to him the change to the process with new approval letters .

I even told him how all of us in the family except my 14 year old son received the old approvals where we had to set the info pass and go get the PP stamed at sub office.

I offered to go to the USCIS website right there and show the press release about 2 types of appointment notices and two different processes.

He asked me about how I set the appointment and I explained in detail.

He then said it is not necessary and he will call USCIS and talk to them and asked for my son to be taken for boimetrics.

I told him very clearly that there will be many people coming with the new approval notices and all the staff should share the info he gets by calling USCIS.

He gave me a long look and went away.
. I am happy that I did my part for fellow applicants.

It took five minutes after that to complete the biometrics and go home.

The whole experience left me too exhausted and tired to post yesterday.

One positive thing that came out is that my son watched the whole process and said he was proud of me and will do the same and not give up when it is his turn to fight for his rights.

I also told him that he should always read and prepare with information for any appointment or interview so he won't be pushed around for being ignorant.

I will post again after my son receives the card.

My best wishes to all who will be going for their biometrics in the future and hope they will have simple process.
GC soon

GC soon,
Congratulations!!!!!
I am so glad to hear that they finally took the required biometrics.

Good luck to the rest!

Got the card yesterday!

Hi all:

I got the card yesterday, every thing went well and cool.
Thans you so much to all and specially to GC soon.
I am so glad to hear that GC soon finished their biometrics.

Wish you all best of luck!!!

Thanks.
S

Got the Card :)

Yep, it has happened & I stared at it for a few minutes..just feeling numb...Thanks for this great forum. I am so grateful to everyone for their insight & help.

Sukesh : congratz :)
GC soon: I am so glad to hear that its done. Once your get the email that card mailed, it should come in day or two :)
Popovarosi: I am waiting for the good news from you :)
Good luck to everyone.

800 num doesn't seem to have a # option

Aye guys,when you'd called the 1800 number in the approval notice for getting an appt for biom, did you go thro an automated option of setting up the appt or were you in wait for a cust.service agent ? (atleast 20-30 mins).

gc soon had mentioned about a # option for setting up the appt. I didn't come across any # option.

Could one of you guys confirm ?

Thanks!

kandadude said:
Aye guys,when you'd called the 1800 number in the approval notice for getting an appt for biom, did you go thro an automated option of setting up the appt or were you in wait for a cust.service agent ? (atleast 20-30 mins).

gc soon had mentioned about a # option for setting up the appt. I didn't come across any # option.

Could one of you guys confirm ?

Thanks!

Talked with a customer service agent to set up an appointment. Had to wait 10 mintues or so.

popovarosi: I just read that you got an email that your card is on its way. :p
A big congratz :p

GC soon said:
I offered to go to the USCIS website right there and show the press release about 2 types of appointment notices and two different processes.

GC soon

Congratulations!!! GC Soon and other members who finally went through this screwed process.

Tomorrow is my appointment date and I 'll go to try my luck. I wish things can go smoothly. I am aslo prepared for fighting.

GC soon, could you kindly post the link of the USCIS press release you mentioned above ? I appreciate it.