Weared message on approval notice? Help needed.

Sukesh

It clearly state : Notice Type: Approval Notice , what more do you need to see , you are indeed approved on your 485 , Congrat!

Did FP 2 after approval

Guy, I went for the biometrics (index finger, photo & signature) as indicated by the approval notice. No problems at all. I called and made an appointment.
At the gate they checked the confirmation # that I got on phone. At the FP counter , they had a printed list with my name on it. Took less than 30 minutes from start to finish, including wait time before FP. So no need to panic. The approval notice was stamped & returned.
Best of luck to everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RAK67
Do you mind telling us which ASC location ?
I have an appointment on October 1 in Houston.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Late last night, I got an email stating that the card has been ordered.
So guys the system works with telephone appointments.

Good luck to everyone :)

RAK67,
Thank you for the update.

I am glad we are on the right track with this new system.

I just did not want to take any chances by doing otherwise and not following the directions from USCIS.

Eventhough there was some ignorence at the ASC's, good to know that it is working well .
GC soon

Just got the cards ordered email

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 28, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks.
S

Sukhesh,RAK67,
Congratulations to both of you.
Thank you for your wishes for my son RAK67.
I hope and pray too that he will complete the process and get the card like both of you.
GC soon

Hi all the experts here,

I am a new poster here. Can someone pls help me out?

This thread is full of messages of someone getting I485 approval before getting biometrics done. I really thought that you had to do your biometrics first, then FBI can do the background check, then CIS will reach a decision. How can you get I485 approval first without doing the biometrics first?

Please help me understand. Thanks!

waitingdood

I have done my biometrics (code 3) on August 5.
On August 29, I got approval notice that says:
Notice Type: Approval Notice (There is no mention of my case being approved.)

The letter says “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.” Call customer service 1800 …. to schedule an appointment.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
RD August16, 2003
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

I-485 RD April 6, 2005
FP ND (code 3) June 21, 2005
Biometrics done August 5, 2005
EAD ND August 10, 2005
EAD AD August 16, 2005

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05

FP appointment October 1, 2005

popovarosi,

Good luck and best wishes for your appointment on October 1st.
Please post after completing the biometrics.

GC soon

waitingdood said:
Hi all the experts here,

I am a new poster here. Can someone pls help me out?

This thread is full of messages of someone getting I485 approval before getting biometrics done. I really thought that you had to do your biometrics first, then FBI can do the background check, then CIS will reach a decision. How can you get I485 approval first without doing the biometrics first?

Please help me understand. Thanks!

I did FP code 1 earlier and than I recieved this Approval notice with request of FP code 2. So I guess they did the background check with 10 fingerprints initially in my case.

Re: How can I travel in this situation?

hi all,
Congratulations to sukesh, rak67, and good luck to the rest.

I'm in the same situation. My I-485 was approved (according to online status check) on Sept 28th and the "approval" notice says the same thing about “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.”

I will call and make an appointment on Monday. My question is: I need to travel outside the US in three weeks from now. Do I have enought time? Can I request for an I-551 stamp to allow me to travel? How do I do that?

Thanks. This is a useful thread.

bltzkrig

I am posting my experience right after coming back from Houston.

Hope it will be helpful for you.

We are assigned to the ASC in Houston Northwest.

As soon as we went , the person at the door saw the letter and said the approval notice is not enough and we need to show the appointment letter from USCIS showing the time and date .
I told him that we do not get appointment letters as I have called TSC and were told that no appointment letters will be sent. But we have confirmation numbers.
I insisted that he read what the approval notice says about taking to the appointment. Just the notice and photo ID. I also showed him my firs fingerprints letter (biometrics code 3) completed on August 5, 2005. At that point he told me to go and speak to the supervisor.
The supervisor looked at the letters (approval notice and fingerprints notice from August). I told her that I have conformation numbers. She told me that she does not need them. She wrote code 2 on the approval notices and told me to go and get the paperwork done.
They took picture, fingerprint (right index finger) and signature.

Guys, if you are going for the biometrics and the door fellows ask for appointment letters, do not turn and go away. Show the door men the previous fingerprints letter.
Insist on speaking to supervisors.

I wish all of you good luck and hope you will be able to complete your biometrics with out any problem.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
RD August16, 2003
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

I-485 RD April 6, 2005
I-485 AD August 16, 2005 (strange approval notice)
FP ND (code 3) June 21, 2005
Biometrics done August 5, 2005
EAD ND August 10, 2005
EAD AD August 16, 2005

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05

popovarosi: I am so glad to hear that they finally took the required biometrics. So happy for another sucesss :)