Weared message on approval notice? Help needed.

Sukhesh,

The appointment cannot be preponed as USCIS gives a fixed time and date only once. They will then transmit the same to the ASC so they have the information with them.
That is why we get a confirmation number from USCIS.

Please do not call and try to prepone or change the appointment date and time. This will only create further confusion and problems.

Just the way we got appointments for finger printing and tried for early FP's at ASC's, please take a chance and go there 10 days before the actual appointment date and time.

Try to give a reasonable excuse for doing so and chances are that you might complete the biometrics in advance. This however completely depends on each individual ASC.

I had luck with early FP's for all of us in family and I tried the same for my son's biometrics.

When I went I was told by ASC people that to complete the biometrics a month in advance cannot be done as it is too early but will do it if I take my son a week to 10 days in advance.

That is how even though he is scheduled for October 4th for biometric appointment, I will take him on September 24th. I am going to try and see if it works.
I can always go on the actual date if this does not work.

Regarding the visa bulletin, I do not have much knowledge on how they work.

I interpret that the visa numbers for employment based I 485 effects only the direct benificiary which is me and I already received the card.

I do not think it will make a difference to my son as he is a dependent with derivative adjustment.

I atleast hope so and will post my experience once I complete his biometrics.

GC soon

To GC_soon

My I-485 was approved a week back and received the approval notice with requirement to do biometrics. Today I visited the local ASC. I showed them my confirmation #, but I was told I need to have a Biometrics appintment notice letter to proceed. Is it true? will INS send me a Biometrics appointment notice letter after I called 1 800 number to make that appointment? How long uasually does it take for this letter to arrive?

Many thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
gbmomgc:

Do you mind telling us which ASC location ? In one thread, I remember it is IL, they also refused to take biometrics, insisting on seeing the appoinment letter.

My spouse's case was also approved by TSC with instruction to set up appointment for biometric, today, we stop by ASC center (CO) inquiring about this. The receptionist asked us to show up on the appointment date with the confirmation number, we told him that the 1-800 customer service said that there will be no physical letter for the appointment (We've called three times, all the representatives told us they will not send out appoinment letter, the confirmation number is enough). The receptionist said it is ok, they have a list of the persons who are scheduled on each day and will check in person based upon the list (I think the list is provided by customer service). No walk-in or early FP allowed, our appoinment is mid-oct.

Crystalview,

It is in California, Santa Ana ASC.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
gbmomgc,

When I took my son to try and do early biometrics, all ASC people told was that they cannot do them too early( I took him almost a month earlier).

They were willing to do it a week to 10 days earlier.

They wanted just the ID and approval letter received in mail and did not say any thing about appointment letter.

When I specifically asked if we will receive a written letter, customer service said they do not send any letters and insisted on just the confirmation #.

I am going to take my son on September 24th ( the actual appointment is on October 4th) and will post the details after that.

Not all ASC's follow the same procedure when it comes to early processing of finger printing or biometrics.

Some are more flexible than the others.

We were able to do early FP's and hope to do the biometrics for my son the same way.
GC soon

How long to wait for appointment letter

Hi,
Similar kind of notice came to my daugher I already took the appointment by called 1800#, I went to local ASC (Walkin before my appointment date)with confirmation # they given they told I have to wait for the Appointment letter which clearly says the code for biometrics. I am waiting for my letter since long time.

Just to want to know how long you guys waited for Appoinment letter to come.

Advance Thanks for your information
Prospect_GC

Guys,
I have posted earlier that I will be trying for early biometrics for my 14 year old son today for the new type of approval notice.

I am posting my experience right after coming back.

Hope it will be helpful for you for your appointments.

My son's appointment is for October 4th, at 3 PM.

I wanted to take a chance and see if he can complete the biomentrics today.
We are assigned to the ASC in Tampa.

As soon as we went , the person at the door saw the letter and said the approval notice is not enough and we need to show the appointment letter from USCIS showing the time and date ( just like prospect_gc posted).

I told him that we do not get appointment letters as I have called TSC and were told that no appointment letters will be sent.

He gave a lecture to me saying Service centers never refuse to send appointment letters and I should simply wait and come back when we get one.

I insisted that he read what the approval notice said about taking to the appointment . Just the notice and photo ID.

He said lady you think you know every thing and kept refusing to listen.

At that point I said I do know some thing and insisted that I speak to the supervisor.

He asked me to sit down and said I cannot be hepled even by the supervisor and went to call her.

The officer came back and asked why I was trying for an early biometrics.
I said my son has mid semester tests on the appointment day ( which is very true) and said wanted to request and see if we can complete them earlier.

She explained that biometrics done before do not work in these cases as they are transmitting the appointments to ASC's just a day befor the appointment date and any thing done earlier will be invalid.

I explained the problem I had with the door guy about insisting on the appointment letters from USCIS.

She said for new type of notices there are no appointment letters ( I do not know why this is not informed to the door guys).

Then I made her sign on the approval notice that if I cannot make it for appointment on October 4th, I can go the following saturday. And she did.

Guys, if you are going for the biometrics and the door fellows ask for appointment letters, do not turn and go away.

Insist on speaking to supervisors.

I hope the door fellows will be briefed and trained by the time you go for your appointments.

I am going to try and take my son on October 4th. If not the next saturday as I have the supervisor's signature.

I wish all of you good luck and hope you will be able to omplete your biometrics with out any problem.

Thought this might help some.
GC soon

Appointment Letter

Thanks GC Soon,
In my case the the door guy and the guy at the desk who cheks the application and gives the token number also given me the token. The person who takes pictures/figer printing refused to do so. After Supervisor came into the picutres she was very angry on me and refused. Even she took the approve letter and scarch the stamp(which they do normally when we go for biometrics, with the date) with pen.

In this case I think the Supervisor also didn't know what is this kind of notice.
I called 1800# later asking for appointment letter, they told I don't have appointment the day they given first time. I happend to make one more appointment again

:mad:

Prospect_GC:

Do you mind let us know where your ASC is located ?

Similar experience related to appointment, my spouse called to confirm the initial appointment using confirmation #, the customer representative said he could not find it in the sytems, and rescheduled one week later. Later called again to confirm the 1st appointment, the representative said the confirmation # is right, but the information under it is for other people. Totally confusing and a chaos !!

prospect_gc,crystalview,

After reading your posts I called the 1 800 # to confirm my son's appointment for October 4th.
The minute I gave the confirmation # , she was able to pull up the appointment and confirmed the exact date, and time.

I asked on more time about the appointment letter that the ASC asked for ( even though I had the supervisor tell me it is not required and sign for it on the approval notice on my last visit) and she once again told me that for these type of approval notices, there are no appointment letters sent out.

I hope and pray that all of us complete these biometrics with out any further problems and delays.
GC soon.

Did biomerics, photo and signature today

Hi:

I did finish biometrics process today.

No problems at the gate and inside also.
they have a list for the appointments, they checked for the name in the list.

We have an appointment at 8 am (jacksionville ASC), we went there by 7.10 am and out by 7.50 am.

They took fp of index finger, photo and signature.

They said if you get the same kind of notice again do not required to come again as we are sending info today itself.

when i try to ask some thing like validity of AP, they simply said we do not know any thing, for any aditional information you need to call CS number.

I will update you with the further developments.

Thanks.
S

No passport stamping, they never asked me to bring my pp for stamping.

I do not know what is going to happen? any clues pl?

Thanks.
S

I think they will issue GC directly now, just like after FP code 3.

It will be OK. Don't worry.

I am going for the same & will let you know as well.

Thanks

Sukhesh,
It is a relief to see that every thing went well for you. Expect the card in mail in the next one week.
I applied for AP for my son which was filed on August 22nd. His I 485 was approved in a few hours from the filing of his AP.

I got a notice from USCIS 10 days back saying his AP application is denied as his Case was approved for PR.

I guess the AP will be invalid once the I 485 is approved.

My best wishes to RAK67,Aris, crystalview who will be going for biometrics in the next few days.
I will take my son on October 4th and hope every thing goes well for him too.

GC soon

Sukhesh:

In your message, QUOTE "They said if you get the same kind of notice again do not required to come again as we are sending info today itself."

What kind of information they are sending out ??? Thanks,

Whew!!! At least one Centre did everything they were supposed to :). There is some hope for the rest then.....

aris said:
Whew!!! At least one Centre did everything they were supposed to :). There is some hope for the rest then.....

Yep there is hope :)

GCSoon: thanks for the best wishes :)

sukhesh said:
Hi:

I did finish biometrics process today.

No problems at the gate and inside also.
they have a list for the appointments, they checked for the name in the list.

We have an appointment at 8 am (jacksionville ASC), we went there by 7.10 am and out by 7.50 am.

They took fp of index finger, photo and signature.

They said if you get the same kind of notice again do not required to come again as we are sending info today itself.

when i try to ask some thing like validity of AP, they simply said we do not know any thing, for any aditional information you need to call CS number.

I will update you with the further developments.

Thanks.
S
Hi sukhesh,
Did they take away your 485 approval notice?
Did they give you a biometric receipt to prove that you had been there?
Thanks.