We are divorced but want to marry again

StarGirl

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar to ours experience.

My fiancé and I met about 8 years ago. I used to live in US at that time on F-1 visa. We married in 2008 but soon learned that because of his immigration status (he was a legal permanent resident) he wouldn't be able to apply for my status adjustment. Actually he could but I still would need to leave US and go back to my country and wait for about 7 years till visa number became available. Another option was that he applied for US citizenship, but to fulfill 5 years requirement he needed to wait another 3 years. 3 years sounded as a too long time for a long distance relationship with a chance to meet only once a year. So we decided to end the marriage while we still were in the same country and then see where life would take us. Forward 3 years, and here we are now: he is getting his US citizenship a month from now, and wants to apply for K-1 visa for me so we can get married again and finally start living like a normal family.
My main concern is, how does our story sound for an outsider? I have a feeling I will be having hell of a time explaining this to immigration officer at the interview.. any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might get a few extra questions during your interview but I really do not see your case being a difficult one.

My main concern is, how does our story sound for an outsider? I have a feeling I will be having hell of a time explaining this to immigration officer at the interview.. any thoughts?