Wants to Join Back Family

syedwasti

:mad:
Dear Sir,
My name is bob.
I was Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder). On Oct. 18, 2005, ICE arrested me in South Carolina on working illegally with a company and lying on I-9 ‘Employment form’ showing US Citizen. The immigration Judge in Atlanta released me on bond and ordered to leave the country with in 120 days because of this Immigration violation (Voluntary Departure, since I had no criminal background). My Wife, is a Legal Permanent Resident. I have 3 Kids. Two are Legal Permanent Residents and one is 2 and ½ years old US Citizen.

My Family is facing extreme hardship because of my voluntary departure. My wife is the only working mom and her income is so low that she is hardly living with it. She needs me badly in US.

Please advise me if My case falls in the following waiver provision and if I can come back to US and join my family? Or any other amendment in Immigration law 2006 that Senate has just passed, that has affected my position to apply for waiver.

Senate has passed amendment No. 4142. Provides a waiver, granted at the sole discretion of the attorney general or secretary of Homeland Security, for permanent residents who become subject to deportation under the provisions of the bill, excluding provisions regarding terrorism, who could show that deportation would cause extreme hardship for their respective immediate family members in the United States,
For me this is a matter of life and death.I will greately appreciate your help in this matter.

bob rigda

If you were a resident alien, why did you claim to be a citizen on the I-9?

The "Immigration law 2006" is not law yet. It still has to go through the joint House/Senate process and then the President has to sign it into law.

Yea I got Green Card in Oct. 2004 and before that I was working without authorization. Although I had a valid H1b Visa.