Want to reconfirm my lawyers advice regarding my under 18 sister.

2aurcitizen

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

I am filing i-130 (Consular Processing) for my parents. I have one younger sister who is 13 yrs old. Once my parents receive approval to immigrate on their GC would she get one automatically? My lawyer says she will. Please confirm.

Thank you!
:)

I am filing i-130 (Consular Processing) for my parents. I have one younger sister who is 13 yrs old. Once my parents receive approval to immigrate on their GC would she get one automatically? My lawyer says she will. Please confirm.

I can confirm to you that your lawyer doesn't have a clue about what he or she is talking about.

There are no derivative beneficiaries for Immediate Relative petitions. You should file an I-130 for your sister, and then when the priority date nears that of FB2B you should start your parents' immigration proceedings.

Hello.

Thank you!
:)

Your lawyer is confused. Do you really need him/her?