Want to File I-130 for mother

pleasehelp08

Registered Users (C)
I want to file I-130 for my mother who is in US on a visit visa. I can file I-485 with I-130. I have a question about my sister who is 13 years old. wanted to know if I can file for her aswell with my mothers since she is only 13. Please advise. (both my sister and mother are in US on a visit visa)

Since she is 13 only, she could stay illegally in the US until 18 without major consequences. Even if she is deported before 18, she will still be eligible for an immigrant visa. However, she need to leave before 18.5 otherwise she will earn a 3 -year bar.
Actually, if by that time her mother will be close to naturalization, she would apply for the daughter soon as an immediate relative without her leaving the US. I guess your sister is also in the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
People quit advising people to break the law.

Even if little sister does not accrue illegal presence she could still be deported.

Your sister has two avenues for a green card open right now.
(1) You file an I-130 for her. She will need to wait 12-15 years.
(2) Your mother files an I-130, after she gets her own GC. Probably 4-6 years after your mother gets her GC.

I have a question about my sister who is 13 years old. wanted to know if I can file for her aswell with my mothers since she is only 13.

T_C
Onemore question. You have given two avenues. Will any of them change if sister is 30 yrs old and married? If yes, how? And please advise if any other better avenue comes into picture