Want my parents to visit

tanp

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I want to call my parents for visit to the USA from India. They both work for banks. My younger brother is studying in India only. I am in the usa on F1 visa and my husband is a Canadian citizen on H1 status. we have been here since last 5 yrs. My question to all of you is what are the chances that they will get the tourist visa? What are the necessary documents they need in order to get the visa? Another imp. fact is that my husband had already provided the affidavit of support for me in last January for the student visa thing. Would this fact cause any problem as he would provide the affidavit of support again for my parents. one last thing, approximately how much money do we have to show in our bank account for their visa thing? I thank everybody in advance for any replies.

It is very difficult to quote a percentage success rate. It depends entirely on how one person (the interviewing consul) views the applicants. He/She will have complete freedom to determine (usually in 45-60 seconds) whether the applicants are bonafide visitors or potential immigrants. The applicants need to show as many ties as possible to their "home" country.
I wish them good luck!!!

My question to all of you is what are the chances that they will get the tourist visa?

It is very difficult to quote a percentage success rate. It depends entirely on how one person (the interviewing consul) views the applicants. He/She will have complete freedom to determine (usually in 45-60 seconds) whether the applicants are bonafide visitors or potential immigrants. The applicants need to show as many ties as possible to their "home" country.
I wish them good luck!!!

how do you show strong ties to yr home country ? as in verbally or you need to provide some docs ?

Million dollar question. At times documents may do the trick. At times, consuls make up their minds without looking at any documents.

Last edited by a moderator:
parents got the visa

hello guys,
Here is an update on my parents' visa situation- They got 10yrs visa to the USA.
questions asked-
officer- what's u'r purpose of visit?
mother- tourism
officer- does u'r daughter live there?
mother- yes
officer- is she studying there?
mother- yes
officer- is she married?
mother- yes
officer- does she have any kids?
mother- no
officer- does u'r son-in-law work in the usa?
mother- yes

Those were the only questions asked. To my surprise, my parents weren't asked to show a single document. Allthough, I had sent them every single document one could in this situation.

Gurus,

I want to apply for my parents visitor visa. Me and my wife both are working and are on H1B. can we both become sponsors for my parents.

also i dont have a original birth certificate with me. Will my matric certificate where my dob is mentioned will do.

An eary reply will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Ashootuli,
Firstly, you cannot apply for your parents visa, only they can. Secondly, they alone will need to overcome 214(b), your sponsorship will not achieve that. The State Department has made it perfectly clear that relatives (in the US and abroad) of B-2 applicants cannot in any form or shape help overcome 214(b) on behalf of the applicants. As long as your parents can overcome 214(b), they should get their visas.

thanks for the guidence.

Also if you can guide me since i dont have BC. will my matric certificate do.

thanks in advance

sorry about that. since i dont have a birth certificate i just wanted to know if my matric certificate with dob will do to complete sponsorship documents for my parentrs.

In the check list i see that a BC of mine is required as one of the documents for my parents sponsored documents.

please advice

Is this a USCIS checklist? I have never seen a checklist for a B-1/2 visa application. Regardless, in lieu of a BC, your matriculation certificate should suffice.