Waiver Visa Overstay

loversdream

I overstayed my Waiver Visa by 22 months - I am British and engaged to a US Citizen. I returned to the UK because my fiance lost his job. 6 weeks after I returned to UK he got a job. He mailed the I129F Petition to the Texas Service Center on Sept 23rd. We have heard nothing. Can anyone tell me am I banned for 10 years to enter the US? Is there a waiver procedure for us? thank you in advance

No Title

dear lovers dreams, although what I\'m about to advise you might make you happy--however, don\'t take it as concrete--I\'m not a lawyer--however being banned from the United States is not as simple as it may seems--
Have you ever been arrested by an US Immigration officer?
Have you ever been charged with and/or convicted by a US Judge as an overstay and formally deported?
Is there any official US Immigration document recognizing you as an overstay?
if the answers to all these questions are no, then you are most likely in the clear... however bear in mind the USINS is backed up for approx. 2 to 5 years on paperwork....Furthermore to be banned from the US, you must have been sentenced by a judge or at least served with an official US Immigration document, by a US Immigration officer or equivelant reading the duration of the ban--other than that, you must be a convicted felon or a terrorist, etc to be banned. I hope this makes things a little more optomistic for you...