Waiting period? -petition for wife for NEW citizen

kenmw

Registered Users (C)
All:

I don't know if this is the right forum. But I hope some of you who might be in the similar situation can tell me if I can petition for my wife (file AOS to GC status) as soon as I become naturalized or do I have to wait for a certain period (e.g. 3 yrs) before I am eligible to do so??

I will be attending my N-400 interview this Thursday at Newark NJ. Any help/comment will be greatly appreciated.

When I finish my interview I will update my experience at the thread - Newark timeline.

Ken

You can do it right after you Naturalize.

The only things for which you have to wait after Natz is to run for political office (7 years I belive to run for the the House and 9 for senate). Other than that you can claim all benefits as a USC, NOW!

Rahul:

Thanks for the info. Do you know when can I find the published government version that state so? I can then print it can ensure her that we can move with the plan.

Thanks again.
Ken

kenmw,

Also download the form you need to file. Read the instructions. Does it ask you if you have been a USC under a certain time period or whatever.. I bet you its not the case. You can lookup the INA (Immig Natz Act) or call your local DO if you want official conf