1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Waiting for FP and visiting abroad

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by pinnu, Apr 25, 2012.

1. pinnu

pinnu Registered Users (C)

Hi

I recently sent my N400 to TX lockbox and I am wondering when I am going to receive my FP notice. This is because I have plans to visit India (urgently) around June 10 for about 25 days. I am thinking that I will done with FP before that and might receive YL also before leaving for India. I believe there is a long gap between FP and Interview (roughly 2-3 months), that's why I am planning like this.

Are my assumptions correct? When can I expect my FP notice?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. rjackal

rjackal Registered Users (C)

I think you will be OK. You should get your FP notice 2-3 weeks after filing. It seems to be about a month from filing date to FP done in Washington. And then there is a long wait of about 3 months until Interview, as you say.

You may have already done this, but visit: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 and select Washington as your USCIS DO. Sort on the Application Filed column. You can even make a spreadsheet to calculate min/max/median times between steps if you're really interested! (Not that I would do anything like that! ;) )
  3. pinnu

pinnu Registered Users (C)

Thanks for the information.