waiting for citizenship interview- sponsoring spouse

shashstone

I am in the process of becoming a US citizen, I have been called for the interview in April. My husband is on a H-1 visa. DO I apply for my spouse during citizenship interview or after the citizenship oath taking ceremony ? We got married just 2 months ago. Which forms do we need to file ?

Once I apply, what type of status will he have ? Can he switch jobs immediately after filing ?Appreciate your reply.

Spouse visa after Citizen ship

You could apply for I-130 under Immediate Category after you take your Oath. If you apply before Oath he goes under Family Preference 2A category which might take you approximatley another 5 years to get the permanent status for your husband, So I suggest you to apply for I-130 after you take oath and along with it apply for I-485 (Change of status) application too. After this INS will call your husband for Finger Printing and later on for approval of Green card.
I think this info is correct but I\'m not a lawyer so if any of you other gayus know better please do post answer for hr question.