waiting for asylum decision. Can I bring my wife and my son as F2 visa ?!!

Asylum seeker

Registered Users (C)
I'm F1 student waiting for asylum decision and I'm still in F1 status. I don't know how long i have to wait. It been more than three weeks from the interview day. The situation is bad and dangerous in my country and my family lives there.
1- Can I bring my wife and my son as F2 visa ?
2- Do you thing this could harm, delay or even cause denial to my asylum cases ?!!
3- Do you recommend Apply F2 Visa for my wife and son from my country or not ?

Please help me and God will help you
please

I'm F1 student waiting for asylum decision and I'm still in F1 status. I don't know how long i have to wait. It been more than three weeks from the interview day. The situation is bad and dangerous in my country and my family lives there.
1- Can I bring my wife and my son as F2 visa ?
2- Do you thing this could harm, delay or even cause denial to my asylum cases ?!!
3- Do you recommend Apply F2 Visa for my wife and son from my country or not ?

Please help me and God will help you
please

I don't believe the consulate will issue a F2 visa to your family because you came here for a nonimmigrant intention and applied for asylum and so will your family. And student visa dependents can only travel to US if the F1 holder still maintains the non immigrant intention. So 100% they will not get a F2 visa.

The best bid will be to wait until you get approved and then file I-730 family petition for asylee. good luck!
What is your country of persecution?

Egypt

I'm not sure, but I thought as long as I still maintains my F1 status I will be able to apply F2 visa to my family.
I think that the consulate in my country WILL look to my current status which is F1 ... And maybe they have no idea about that i applying for asylum in the United States because it's separate matter.

Am I right ?!!

Egypt

I'm not sure, but I thought as long as I still maintains my F1 status I will be able to apply F2 visa to my family.
I think that the consulate in my country WILL look to my current status which is F1 ... And maybe they have no idea about that i applying for asylum in the United States because it's separate matter.

Am I right ?!!

any answer or opinion please ?!!

After i got my Assylum approved on September 2011, my newborn baby got and B1-B2 (Tourist) visa based on my wife tourist visa(November 2011). They asked my wife why i did not show up for my babys visa and she said I was in USA. They never asked what i was doing in USA or what status i had it.

I think I will try to apply for F2 visa for my wife and my son while I'm waiting for the decision.

thank you everybody

and I will think about tourist visa maybe more easy for me.

No, they got denial for F2 visa. Anyway after I got my asylum approved I file I-730 and brought them here.
My father lives in us and we approved on 25 nov 2015, our interview was in abu dubai on 18 july! The consul officer said they will give us about 3 or 4 months our visa! Is there anyone apply v92/v93 , case i730 family ?! About 4 years he lives there! It's me and my mom and i'm under 21 ! We are from iran but my father never taravel to another contry, how long is the proccessing time ?!

Don't worry, it will receive you at all
I've been waiting for the background check since March, and no news yet!