Waiting for Assessment letter

tara_6

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I applied in Jan and got my file num in April and have still not got my assessment letter, IS there anyone waiting who has applied at the sametime is there anything i could do to find out my status? i tried the eform but it says file does not exist.
Kindly help.
Wishing all good luck for the new year :)

You should be hearing from Canada soon. Just a wait for a few more weeks...

It is taking Buffalo longer these days. I received my assessment letter a year after they received my application.

waiting for assesment!

Hi texas,
i have appplied in dec (2nd week) 2001 i havenot recd any assesment so far.
could you please let me know when is the application date and what did they ask to u provide documents.. if we send any letter or fax... will process be delayed?

thanks

Originally posted by Texas

It is taking Buffalo longer these days. I received my assessment letter a year after they received my application.

I am in Trouble Plss Help !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Texas

Pls Help ! I am in Trouble :

I guess some of you might be in this situation. I had applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2002 and I am on H1 Visa in US. But since few months I am on Bench and now time has come when I have to go to India since it is difficult to leave in US without a Job. So can u pls pls give me ur suggestions regarding the follwoing :

1) Everyone has suggested not to transfer my case to India since it will start from beginning. So if I keep my file here, and in case I get a Interview is there a way I can have it in India??
2 ) If the interview is Waived then can I have medicals in India??
3) As I can see from the Tracking , Novemebr 2001 Cases are now getting an assessment, so on an avearage it is taking around 12 to 13 months for assessment. So is it worth staying that time?? If I deceide to go back then is there a way someone else can do my FBI clearance if they ask to do it again?? I had already sent them FBI Clearance and had given my fingerprints to them.

Any suggestions and reply will be helpful and appreaciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

I sent my application September 2001 and got my assessment end of September 2002.

You should be hearing from them very soon. Give it a few more weeks.

They are not really responding to faxes anymore. I sent them one back in July and heard back after a few weeks. But the letter also stated that inquiring via faxes will delay processing.

Sit tight..you should hear back soon.

Hi Texas,

Have you received the request for passport?? If so can you also tell me when you did you do your medical, did they ask for additional documents with the assessment/medical???

Advance thanks,
Shamim (also from Texas)

Texas pls help

Dear All,

Hi, It is nice to all of your mails in this forrum which gives a great information. I had applied the canadian PR in Jan 2002 and have got a file no in Feb so far I havent heard anything from them. Can someone be kind enough to give their opinion on the followwing querries??

1) When Can I expect a response??
2) How long does it take after the medicals are done to get Landing papers ?? What is this that I am hearing about 6 months wait???
3) Also I have a new born baby in Oct 2002 ie one month ago. Do I need to inform them about this development?? As the baby is US citizen I guess she dont require Canadian PR since US Citizens can travel and stay in Canada. Am I thinking right???
4) Also I am currently in US and from the time it is taking I dont think I will be able to
stay in US for more than 2 more months. So Can I go back to India?? What do I need to do for that?? Do I need to inform them about my address change?? I have given my brother's address here which is permanent. So is it ok to just keep his address or do I have to transfer my case to India. Is so does it affect the processing time??

Your Views and options to my querries are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry the earlier one was old querry

Pls Help ! I am in Trouble :

I guess some of you might be in this situation. I had applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2002 and I am on H1 Visa in US. But since few months I am on Bench and now time has come when I have to go to India since it is difficult to leave in US without a Job. So can u pls pls give me ur suggestions regarding the follwoing :

1) Everyone has suggested not to transfer my case to India since it will start from beginning. So if I keep my file here, and in case I get a Interview is there a way I can have it in India??
2 ) If the interview is Waived then can I have medicals in India??
3) As I can see from the Tracking , Novemebr 2001 Cases are now getting an assessment, so on an avearage it is taking around 12 to 13 months for assessment. So is it worth staying that time?? If I deceide to go back then is there a way someone else can do my FBI clearance if they ask to do it again?? I had already sent them FBI Clearance and had given my fingerprints to them.

Any suggestions and reply will be helpful and appreaciated.

Thanks

My email is armahajan2000@yahoo.com

Thanks

pls let me know I am at a stage when I can receive my Assessment anytime , in case if I have an interview does it take place immdly or does it take time for it 6-8 months?? In case there is no interview reqd can I safely travel to India and come back for stamping or is there any other formalities for which my physical presence is reqd, I have my brother in US who can help in sending any correspondence on my behalf.

Thanks