Waiting for adjudication!

soc_aus

Registered Users (C)
Hello all:

My school just filed an EB1-OR petition via premium processing. I am now waiting for an adjudication- it should come in very soon. I have a master's and Ph.D degree from US univs. I am in a tenure-track position now with 6 articles (4 in international journals); reviewed several articles, books, chapters; served in editorial board of a journal; chief editor of a new international journal that will be published in August; 9 letters of references (2 from Canada); and some minor awards. I have also participated in many conferences- but this is indicated in my CV.

After reading several communications related to EB1-OR denials, or RFEs, I am now less certain about my chances of success.

I was thinking of EB2 as plan B. However, there might be a Labor Certification problem with that. My job ad required a Ph.D. before I started, but I received my Ph.D. 2 months after I started. Is this a serious issue?

Any comments about my chances of EB1-OR or my plan B will be much appreciated.

Thanks

soc_aus

Have you received an answer regarding the EB-1 yet? An alternative would be to have the school sponsor you for an O-1 while you build up more credentials.

(p.s. this forum is for E-1 & E-2 Treaty Trader & Investor Visas, not extraordinary ability, so you may want to repost in the correct forum for more responses)