Waiting Asylum decision

Hi Guys.
I know a lot of you are stressing in regards to your decisions. From experience, you’re only stressing yourself out because what’s meant to happen will happen and what already happened, happened and cannot be reversed. What everybody should hope for is good and getting to enjoy their lives in the moment. I’m not sure if you guys know but the AO has to complete your decision in three hours (I’m studying refugee/law) but also, has to go through research and background checks. So your asylum case is already decided on but something is holding the AO off. You stressing over a decision that’s already made won’t help. My case was approved (AO Chicago - received decision two month after interview) but for some reason my case never changed to decision mailed. It was stuck on Fees were waived and that stressed me out like crazy. I did not know when to expect that letter or if the system glitched. Did I freak out? Yes. Did it help my mental health? No. Sometimes you just have to let things be; not every asylum case is the same. That’s why having an attorney is always beneficial. I wish everyone the best of luck and less stress.
Well said! I just had my interview last week in Chicago and I’m very hopeful but can’t wait for the decision hopefully i get it in 2-4 months not more even though it could be more cause I’m from muslim county and the background checks usually takes longer !

Hi Guys.
I know a lot of you are stressing in regards to your decisions. From experience, you’re only stressing yourself out because what’s meant to happen will happen and what already happened, happened and cannot be reversed. What everybody should hope for is good and getting to enjoy their lives in the moment. I’m not sure if you guys know but the AO has to complete your decision in three hours (I’m studying refugee/law) but also, has to go through research and background checks. So your asylum case is already decided on but something is holding the AO off. You stressing over a decision that’s already made won’t help. My case was approved (AO Chicago - received decision two month after interview) but for some reason my case never changed to decision mailed. It was stuck on Fees were waived and that stressed me out like crazy. I did not know when to expect that letter or if the system glitched. Did I freak out? Yes. Did it help my mental health? No. Sometimes you just have to let things be; not every asylum case is the same. That’s why having an attorney is always beneficial. I wish everyone the best of luck and less stress.
I have a question please hmm after how long since the interview you saw fees were waived???

Well said! I just had my interview last week in Chicago and I’m very hopeful but can’t wait for the decision hopefully i get it in 2-4 months not more even though it could be more cause I’m from muslim county and the background checks usually takes longer
From study, I think background check aren’t done from home country. Background check is done within the state. They have to check if you have been involved in crime and what’s so ever.

My update
Applied for asylum in 2015 Chicago office
Interview in 2019
in 2020 status changed from decision pending to application pending and stayed that way for around 9 months.
Two days ago status changed back to "decision pending" for one day.
Yesterday changed to "Fees waived for EAD"
Today changed again to "we mailed you the decision"
I know it's approval and I'm super happy and wish everyone gets the same thing soon.
Finally, after almost complete 6 years got my approval. Of course, it's not in my hands yet but I'm still waiting for the mail to arrive :)
I just wanted to share this with you guys and give people hope, just keep waiting and don't give up.

My update
Interview in 2019
in 2020 status changed from decision pending to application pending and stayed that way for around 9 months.
I know it's approval and I'm super happy and wish everyone gets the same thing soon.
Finally, after almost complete 6 years got my approval. Of course, it's not in my hands yet but I'm still waiting for the mail to arrive :)
I just wanted to share this with you guys and give people hope, just keep waiting and don't give up.
Congratulations man!!! Good luck in your new future i just had my interview in Chicago office 10 days ago so hopefully i get the decision faster again congratulations

My update
Interview in 2019
Congratulations. I’m happy for you. ☺️

My update
Interview in 2019
Congrats! May I ask how long after the interview your status changed to "Application Is Pending"?

My update
Interview in 2019
Kinda similar to my case. I applied in 2016, Interview was in 2019 and my status changed from "Decision is pending" to "Application is pending" a few weeks after the interview. I am though still waiting for my decision.

Kinda similar to my case. I applied in 2016, Interview was in 2019 and my status changed from "Decision is pending" to "Application is pending" a few weeks after the interview. I am though still waiting for my decision.
I was interviewed in March 2020, status changed to "Application is Pending" in August 2020, and still in the same status.

My update
Interview in 2019
Congratulations

Hello! My dad applied for asylum for religious and political reasons(Huston. Texas office). And the status has been "decision mailed" for about 2 weeks. Does it normally take this long? And his clock is still running, after how many days can he apply for a work permit? And in case of denial, we are looking into an American attorney that can speak Chinese mandarin. If anyone has any information, please let me know.
1625672174342.png
He Arrived in US on 1/19/2020, turned in I-589 on 1/27/2021. went to interview on 5/13/2021, now it says decision mailed.

Also, something interesting happened. I called on 6/28 to check the EAD clock, it says it's RUNNING and it has been 147days. Today I called again which is 7/6. It still says it's RUNNING but it is still 147days. What does that mean? does anyone know?

My status updated to decision is mailed. I’m in legal status so I don’t know if calling USCIS hotline trick will be applicable to me but I will call tonight.

Office: Arlington
Timeline:
Jan 4, 2021: Application was received
March 12, 2021: Biometrics appointment
April 29, 2021: Interview
July 7, 2021: Decision was mailed

I didn’t see fees were waived so I’m worried it is a NOID

My status updated to decision is mailed. I’m in legal status so I don’t know if calling USCIS hotline trick will be applicable to me but I will call tonight.

Timeline:

Did you get any poistive or negative feelings after the interview? Did your attorney told you that you did good or bad??

Timeline:

So i decided to enter my case number to the “add a paper filed case” on myuscis account just out of curiosity (I’ve tried this multiple times before and it never worked) and when I tried it, it worked! it gave the following content:

I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
July 7, 2021 Decision Was Mailed
July 7, 2021 We ordered your new card.
July 6, 2021 You completed your interview with USCIS.
May 13, 2021 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

I have never filed for an EAD so I’m guessing I was approved… though I can’t relax until I see the letter in my hand