Waiting Asylum decision

Hi guys is me again
So yesterday I went to the Arlington office to enquire for some info on a letter that received luckily I was told that my asylum was approved on Tuesday and sent to my address I was shocked and couldn't believe it

I'm now waiting for my EAD card so I could apply for social. Does anyone know how long it would take for my EAD to arrive the systems shows that the card is been ordered
Congrats zaizy B,could you share your timeline with us?
Regards

He guys, thank you for shedding more light on the asylum case. My case is that I am a pending applicant and have gotten EAD. But I have my wife and kid living in Nigeria, Africa. Please I want to ask; is it possible to request for the U.S Embassy to issue her visa based on the fact that she will be testifying with me if I am called for the interview? or what will be the best option so that I can get my immediate family with me in the U.S? Thanks

EAD takes only one week if the card has been ordered. But it might be different with Arlington Office. However. Maximumly, it doesn't exceed two weeks after the EAD Card has been approved and ordered.

Thank you guys
Assyle Billa it was a really complicated issue with my case. Since they gave me an Alien Number that was meant for another person with the same first and last name, date of birth as me. It made my case very complicated and wasted so much time
I applied in June 11 2013
Did my first finger printing in August 2013
Then they sent me a notice with the wrong Alien number few weeks later saying I don't need to apply for an Asylum hence I'm a green card holder already I don't know why but I didn't read that letter until almost a year later that was May 2014 then I started going to the Asylum office to make sure the mistake is been taken off and that I'm given the right A Numbrr took them almost 6 months to
Do that. After receiving my right A number in November 2014 I did my finger printing again that same month, then got my interview notice in April 14th 2015
I was so worried hence I don't have a lawyer and had no clue what to expect, did a lot of mistakes during my interview so it made me worried thinking I won't have it
Went there on Wednesday after receiving another Interview notice by mistake
That's when I was told my asylum has been approved and sent the day before
May 5th 2015 came home and the saw the approval letter.

This was how my complicated case was like. You just need to keep following up with them

Hello Zyam, indeed I had the interview. I think it was good. It lasted almost 3 hours.
The officer told me to come pick up the decision two weeks later. But a day before he called me to wait for decision in the mail because it was not ready. It is another wait for me. I hope I will finish the process soon.

@saltywater hi, i remember u told that u were able to check your case status online for asylum even though you got your decision from the office. What was in your online status? I checked mine today and actually it changed. Now instead of case doesnt exist, I got message that fee was waived for my employment authorization card but case number is my asylum case. Do I get it right? It means that my case was approved? Did u get the same message? I am now so exited you cant imagine.

Just to be sure, are you currently applying for EAD renewal? Have you applied for a fee-waiver also?

If no for these and if you are 100% sure that the case you entered is your asylum Z case number, then yes, this means that your case has been approved!
Anyway, once your asylum case is approved, they have to provide you with a new EAD valid for 2 years. So I guess, the fee-waiver is for that.
Congratulations!!!!!
Keep us posted for the following updates.

I met my postman on my way and asked him if he had anything for me. And YES, he did:) I got my approval finally! I am so happy!
@lota2013 i will update my signature today about my process, but overall it took almost 3 years

@Zyam
Many many congratulations..
Glad to hear about it. From your timeline, I build some hope in me.
Best of luck for your future.

Last edited: