Waiting Asylum decision

This is NOT true. Please don't give misguided advice based solely on what happened with your case. There are many many different reasons why cases take longer than others, and badgering officers with constant, unexpected visits isn't going to help you.
K

Hello guys.
It's been great learning from this forum especially since Last In First Out applied.
My timeline:
Sep 2019-Applied.
Oct 2019-Interviewed.
Decision is Pending.
My clock didn't start increasing after 2 week mark, anyone has the same problem this month?
Or anyone that approved in the past by seeing the same thing?
ZLA and F1
Usually when it says decision is mailed and clock stops has a meaning. I am not sure about your case though

Hi guys,
I received my approval letter on Nov 5th and my EAD on Nov 21st.
Does anyone know if I need to apply for SSN myself? Or it will be sent to me without my application?
My EAD envelop does not have any instruction on the SSN application matter.
Thank you!

TIP: Some asylees have reported getting 'restricted' social security cards. Do not use your EAD, the EAD has an expiration date, and some officers believe that's the expiration date of your right to work in the US, which is not the case. Bring your I-94 that says "asylum granted indefinitely" as evidence of immigration status. If you do bring the EAD or they ask you for it, make sure to POLITELY ask the officer that you are in fact getting an unrestricted SS card as your immigration status doesn't expire.

Hi guys,
I received my approval letter on Nov 5th and my EAD on Nov 21st.
Does anyone know if I need to apply for SSN myself? Or it will be sent to me without my application?
My EAD envelop does not have any instruction on the SSN application matter.
Thank you!
How long did it take since getting recommended for approval until you got your approval?

TIP: Some asylees have reported getting 'restricted' social security cards. Do not use your EAD, the EAD has an expiration date, and some officers believe that's the expiration date of your right to work in the US, which is not the case. Bring your I-94 that says "asylum granted indefinitely" as evidence of immigration status. If you do bring the EAD or they ask you for it, make sure to POLITELY ask the officer that you are in fact getting an unrestricted SS card as your immigration status doesn't expire.
Thank you! I’ll pay attention to that.

Hello everyone. I want to ask you something. By the way my English is bad. I’m so sorry. I applied to asylum in 10/2016. My interview was 10/31/2019. When my interview date, my pending time was 1113 days. After 5 days, my time was stopped on 1118 days and still it is not working. My status is decision is pending. Do you now what is it mean this?

Hello everyone. I want to ask you something. By the way my English is bad. I’m so sorry. I applied to asylum in 10/2016. My interview was 10/31/2019. When my interview date, my pending time was 1113 days. After 5 days, my time was stopped on 1118 days and still it is not working. My status is decision is pending. Do you now what is it mean this?
There is nothing we can say for sure. If the clock was stopped and it said decision was mailed, then it meant something, but decision is pending doesn't mean anything yet.

Hello guys.
It's been great learning from this forum especially since Last In First Out applied.
My timeline:
Sep 2019-Applied.
Oct 2019-Interviewed.
Decision is Pending.
My clock didn't start increasing after 2 week mark, anyone has the same problem this month?
Or anyone that approved in the past by seeing the same thing?
ZLA and F1
I have same problem. But I don’t know why. Maybe it is system failure. My problem is started at 2 weeks ago and it is still continuing.

Which office?

Hi All,
my decision was mailed this monring but the clock is running. I read from previous post it os a bad sign. Can anyone confirm if they gor approval with clock running?

Reactions: Sxz