Waiting 2 months for fp appointment

cola1

Registered Users (C)
NOA N-400, 01/05/09. Still no FP appointment letter. Orlando, FL.
I am concerned that it takes so long. It shouldnt take longer than 14 days, right? I am not able to make an appointment @ my local DO. Message: "No appointments available for this office". For 14 days now. I am just worried that my file got lost. I went through hell with the UCSIS in regards to my Green Card application. They lost one file. So I am a little paranoid.I waited 4 years for my Green Card. Same DO Orlando:mad:
Any advise is greatly appreciated:)

From other Q1 2009 cases, the average I have seen is 9 days from receipt of notice to receipt of FP. Obviously your mileage may (and in fact does) vary.

cola1, call USCIS asap. In the Phoenix thread, someone was waiting forever, then after persistance :) in calling USCIS she discovered that she had never received her FP notice.

When you call USCIS talk to a 2nd Level IO. Do not speak to the first people as they don't know about your situation, they don't have access to your information. Even if they say they do, they don't. See my timeline I spoke to them many times. When you call, tell them something like you spoke to a 2nd Lv IO before and they told you to call back or that you have been disconnected. Persist as some of them don't like to transfer the call. If you ask to speak to a 2nd Lv they are suppose to transfer you. Ask the 2nd Lv IO about your FP notice status. Most of them are nice and should help you.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually tell them you filed for your N-400 over 2 months ago and have not received a receipt. This should get you transferred to an immigration information officer right away.

Call USCIS right away - waiting 2 months for your biometrics is not the norm and something probably went wrong. It could be that they sent it to the wrong address or never sent it out.

Hi,
it's possible something went wrong and your case was misplaced or mail lost. It's also possible it's being delayed.
In my experience dealing with USCIS - left hand doesn't knw what right one is doing.
A year ago when I filed i751, I got NOA1 quite quickly. I had a trip scheduled and was anxiously waiting for FP notice. Got tired of checking mail every day and one morning called USCIS 800 number and spoke to 2d level IO. He opened my file and told me he saw no activity, no FP letter issued or mailed. He also told me I should expect the FP notice in about 2 months, not sooner.
Guess what? The same day (as I called and spoke to IO) I checked my mailbox and FP notice was there!
But nevertheless, try calling them and speaking to IO, 1st level people are useless.
I think infopass would be better. May be try the other closest to you DO?
Good luck!

I'm from Orlando also and I sent my N-400 on 1/27/09 and still don't have fp letter.. Posible Orlando office delay..

I'm from Orlando also and I sent my N-400 on 1/27/09 and still don't have fp letter.. Posible Orlando office delay..

the district office (Orlando in your case) do NOT schedule biometric appointments. The appointments come from the benefits center - so you need to follow up.

Remember that FPs are valid for 15 months.
If you took them less than 15 months ago for the I-751 then you will not receive a notice again, until the 15 months pass.
Should your case be adjudicated before that, you won't ever receive them.

Thank you all!

I just made an info pass appointment. Finally I was able to get one @ the Orlando DO. (March 17th) You guys gave me great advice. Tomorrow I am going to talk to an officer (level 2) at the 800#. SMESKO let's keep in touch how you are doing with the Orlando DO. I keep you informed also!
Big hug to all of you!:)

How long it takes to get the Receipt notice from the lockbox. My wife's application was received by lockbox on 03/02. Not received anything so far.

We are also under Orlando DO. Horrible experience with Orlando DO after her GC application got transferred to Orlando. Took 2 years to pick up the application.

Just wondering what all should I be expecting. Just the receipt notice and then FP notice. Is that correct.

I'm in the same boat. My wife and I sent docs in the same day and have N400 notice date as 02/04/2009. She did FP on 2/26 while I'm still waiting for FP notice. I tried to call, but they told me to wait

I have filed N-400 for over two months and haven't received the FP appointment letter yet. Today I called USCIS, originally I tried to correct the wrong zip code for my husband's application. But they are not allowed to do so by someone other than the applicant. So I brought up my question for no FP appointment over 60 days for my own case. She transferred my call to another officer. And I've told that I will be put on queue for the next available FP appointment. It will take about 2 weeks. So I can expect the FP appointment at end of March or the beginning of April. My husband also have the same suituation. He hasn't received the FP appointment letter over 60 days. But he received the yellow case review notice this week.

Notice date: 01/06/09
Priority date: 01/02/09