WAIT in line for passport too!

ania

Registered Users (C)
God, is there any time you do not have to wait in line for government paperwork?? Houston post office takes like 30-45 minutes to process one person... Very long line consisting of normal would be travelers, very few naturalized ones... Several hours standing in the lobby..
O, people, just wake up early and go early to be first..
After processing you have to wait again for your natz certificate (original) and passport to come in mail.
And they charge tons of money ~$200.
==================================
applied n-400: april 2005
interview: september 2005
oath: september 2005 Houston

Be thankful for your quick N-400 process. People is several other cities wait for 2 years or even longer for what you were able to accomplish in Houston in < 6 months. Don't worry your passport and naturalization certificate, it will arrive in 1 to 2 weeks as it looks like you have expedited your passport application.

I am very thankful for what I have. :eek:

But Houston heat index 110 degrees.... :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was nervous giving up my certificate after having obtained it yesterday, but the clerk assure me that they do it all the time and to relax!!!.....LOL. My expedited passport was only $160....what's the the deal with $200+ on your end...??? Looks like you got Shanghai'd and flim-flammed! Oh well....what's $40 anyway.

epedited passport

Hi all,
Someonr told me that he obtained hes passport the same day he requested it.
And it was in New York( not sure he meant state or city). he told me if you have a ticket with a close travelling date, there is a same day service. He is very sure about that, but he did it long time ago (5 years?), so may be things have changed since then.
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

there are businesses(you can find them in the yellow pages) that specialize in obtaining passport in two or three days. They still go through the State Department of course and be prepared to cough up about $400.......

veram said:
Hi all,
And it was in New York( not sure he meant state or city). he told me if you have a ticket with a close travelling date, there is a same day service. He is very sure about that, but he did it long time ago (5 years?), so may be things have changed since then.
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

check out travel.state.gov. You can apply the passport if you travel within 2 weeks and/or need a visa (not sure that is an "AND" or "OR" thou) in the passport agency and you can get it within the same day. i see no reason why pay so much money to have private company to handle the case, especially they cost so much. however, if you are going to get it for business trip and your company pays for that, why not? :)

gatorcountry said:
I was nervous giving up my certificate after having obtained it yesterday, but the clerk assure me that they do it all the time and to relax!!!.....LOL. My expedited passport was only $160....what's the the deal with $200+ on your end...??? Looks like you got Shanghai'd and flim-flammed! Oh well....what's $40 anyway.

$128 for state dept (applic, security (?), expedite)
$71.80 for USPS services, (2 photos, express mailing, execution fee)
Just want it fast, (please), because I have been waiting for various things since freakin 1998.

fitness99 said:
:D well, feel free to move after you get your passport to a less humid place...

Oh, maaan, "butter into your mouth!" as my grandma used to say. Or honey onto your tongue, as I say! :)

I forgot to include the overnight mail fee...and additional $27 I believe it was. I paid $127(dep of state incl expedited) + $30(clerk court fee) + $27(overnight mail). For that kind of money I should be able to pick out a customized design and color for my passport, including a trim that will match the Spinner wheels on my 1976 Pacer....

veram said:
Hi all,
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

That person probably made an appt. and went to the passport agency in NY. Passport agencies normally prepare your passport while you wait, if all the paperwork is in order (they need proof that you are travelling within 2 weeks or something like that).

Can anybody go passport agency in New York or it is only for people within New York jurisdiction? I am from Atlanta and will need passport within 24-48 hours.

You can go to any Regional Passport Agency if you need the passport in emergency, but make sure to have the travel plans in place within 2 weeks, and some Regional Passport Agencies require that you call ahead and set up an appointment.