Wage determination and timeline

Hey unsure, hey johnny, things seem to be moving forward a little bit with all of us, right?!? great! the lawyers filed PERM beginning of may for us but they're not giving us an account or password to follow up. i don't understand it but my husband is with a huge company and they told us this has been standard procedure with everyone, they'll hopefully let us know when there's an approval (or if there are any problems). we're at atlanta as well, keeping our fingers crosses. as my hubby is eb-3, the i485 seems like a million years away, even if we'll pass the perm and i140, but hope never dies, right. do take care, awaiting all the great news.

Same for us. The boss and the lawyer did not give us the password to follow up the track. But they can do for you an account where you can see if you are certified - you can't see your application but you can receive the news such as: NAZAR - AX...... IS CERTIFIED!!!. We are at Atlanta Center - http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/atlanta-perm-tracker/
poliana24 - 33 days.:p

Lucky you Guys :)))

I am in the beginning right now and I appreciate if you can answer my question: EB-3 ==> BS + 2 yrs exp equals Ms + 0 or not?

I also submitted what I got from my lawyer (I am concern if it is really correct as he started my PERM almost 5 months ago (lazy guy)). If you can look at what I pasted and share your concerns I will appreciate.

I have a question regarding ETA 9089. A few days ago my lawyer sent me a copy of ETA that he is going to submit it. After I read a lot of posts here, I have a few concerns if everything is correct in the application. I would appreciate if someone can share his/her opinion. Thank you in advance. (this is for EB-3)

H. Job Opportunity Information

3. Job Title: PHOTOGRAMMETRY PLOTTER OPERTOR

4. Education min. level: BACHELOR'S

4A. If Other is indicated in question 4, specify the education level: BLANK

4B. Major field of study: GEODESY AND GEOMATICS ENGINEERING

5. Is trainig reqired: NO

5-B. Indicate the field of training: BLANK

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job? YES

6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required: 24

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? YES

7-A. If Yes, specify the major field of study:
TOPOGRAPHIC ENGINEERING

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? YES

8-A. If Yes, specify the alternate level of education required: YES

8-B. If Other is indicated in question 8-A, indicate the alternate level of education required: MASTER'S

8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8: ZERO (0)

9. Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable? YES

10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable?

NO

10-A. If Yes, number of months experience in alternate occupation required: BLANK

10-B. Identify the job title of the acceptable alternate occupation:

TOPOGRAPHER ENGINEER

12. Are the job requirements normal for the occupation: YES

-----------------------------------------

I am not sure if Question # 10B should be file out?

Thanks a lot.

Lucky you Guys :)))

I am in the beginning right now and I appreciate if you can answer my question: EB-3 ==> BS + 2 yrs exp equals Ms + 0 or not?

I also submitted what I got from my lawyer (I am concern if it is really correct as he started my PERM almost 5 months ago (lazy guy)). If you can look at what I pasted and share your concerns I will appreciate.

M+0 = B+5

Hi Doody32,

You are good with 5 months. Our lawyers started the PERM preparation in JULY 2006. The PERM was submitted May 21 2007!!! Are you in CA by any chance - maybe we have the same lawyer?!

I don't think BS+2 will qualify for EB2. DOL and USCIS have different criteria, and at the 140 stage USCIS is what matters. Please read the 140 forum.

Eta

I have a question regarding ETA 9089. A few days ago my lawyer sent me a copy of ETA that he is going to submit it. After I read a lot of posts here, I have a few concerns if everything is correct in the application. I would appreciate if someone can share his/her opinion. Thank you in advance. (this is for EB-3)

3. Job Title: PHOTOGRAMMETRY PLOTTER OPERTOR - yes

4. Education min. level: BACHELOR'S - yes

4A. If Other is indicated in question 4, specify the education level: BLANK- yes

4B. Major field of study: GEODESY AND GEOMATICS ENGINEERING - yes

5. Is trainig reqired: NO - yes

5-B. Indicate the field of training: BLANK - yes

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job? YES - yes

6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required: 24 - yes

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? YES - ????

7-A. If Yes, specify the major field of study:??????
TOPOGRAPHIC ENGINEERING

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? YES??????

8-A. If Yes, specify the alternate level of education required: YES ?????

8-B. If Other is indicated in question 8-A, indicate the alternate level of education required: MASTER'S -:confused: :rolleyes: :(

8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8: ZERO (0):rolleyes: :( :confused:

9. Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable? YES - yes

NO - yes

10-A. If Yes, number of months experience in alternate occupation required: BLANK
yes

TOPOGRAPHER ENGINEER ???

12. Are the job requirements normal for the occupation: YES - yes

I am very confused about few answer.

Hi Doody32,

You are good with 5 months. Our lawyers started the PERM preparation in JULY 2006. The PERM was submitted May 21 2007!!! Are you in CA by any chance - maybe we have the same lawyer?!

I don't think BS+2 will qualify for EB2. DOL and USCIS have different criteria, and at the 140 stage USCIS is what matters. Please read the 140 forum.

Thank you for your answer. I am not going to be sponsored in EB-2. It is EB-3 that's why I was confused when I saw this MS = Bs+2 yrs exp.

I'm in NY but still I think the lawyer was holding my papers tooooo long.

Johnnymnemonic I really appreciate your time and answers.

Let me call the lawyer, I'll see what he is going to say...

BTW - what if he has already submitted ETA to DOL (on line) ? Can he fix it?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnnymnemonic I really appreciate your time and answers.

Let me call the lawyer, I'll see what he is going to say...

BTW - what if he has already submitted ETA to DOL (on line) ? Can he fix it?

Thank you.
Doody,

I am not an expert but the best way is: you can start to study by yourself about the process. We live in NY and we are from Europe. You are 100% EB3!
I studied every step which my lawyer did. I found out that she did many mistakes in our case. On ETA she placed Bachelor + 2 instead of M+0;second time she placed M+ 2 years. I am checking everything before she wants to send something. She is lazy!!!I will tell her that after green card.
Another mistake: she sent for advertising in NY City instead of Westchester County!!!! You can see what kind of lame lawyer that we have. Our cost for her: 6.000$.:eek:

EB-3(A): This category is for 'professional workers' with a U.S. bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree and with a job offer from a U.S. company

EB-3(B): This category is for 'skilled workers' for positions that require at least two years of training or experience and with a job offer from a U.S. company

EB-3(C): This category is for 'unskilled workers' for positions that require less than two years training or experience and with a job offer from a U.S. company
Professional workers

Professionals must hold a US baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent degree that is normally required for the profession. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree.

Skilled workers

Skilled worker positions are not seasonal or temporary and require at least two years of experience or training. The training requirement may be met through relevant post-secondary education. The Labor Certification Form states the job requirements, which determine whether a job is skilled or unskilled.

Unskilled workers

Other workers are in positions that require less than two years of higher education, training, or experience, such as an unskilled worker who can perform labor for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. However, due to the long backlog, a petitioner could expect to wait many years before being granted a visa under this category.

Doody,

I am not an expert but the best way is: you can start to study by yourself about the process. We live in NY and we are from Europe. You are 100% EB3!
I studied every step which my lawyer did. I found out that she did many mistakes in our case. On ETA she placed Bachelor + 2 instead of M+0;second time she placed M+ 2 years. I am checking everything before she wants to send something. She is lazy!!!I will tell her that after green card.
Another mistake: she sent for advertising in NY City instead of Westchester County!!!! You can see what kind of lame lawyer that we have. Our cost for her: 6.000$.:eek:

How do you know if it is supposed to be BS + 2 or Ms + 0 ? I know in my position it is required BS, I have BS (I have even more than BS but less than MS - in my country I possess MS (5,5 years studying) but on the WES report you can see BS). My lazy lawyer said I have a very unusually job so we should put BS + 2 years experience. But she also stated that you can become a plotter if you have BS in engineering or geography (i am not sure because my boss says he has never seen anyone with BS in geography who works as a plotter but...). Conclusion: I have H1B, I have more than 6 years exp. (including present job) but my job requires only BS.

Lazy lawyer wants 'only' $4,000 for PERM, I-140 and I-485 (if ever) will be paid separate + legal fees.

Any concerns regarding my ETA are very welcome.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Johnny, once again thank you for your attention to my posts.

How do you know if it is supposed to be BS + 2 or Ms + 0 ? I know in my position it is required BS, I have BS (I have even more than BS but less than MS - in my country I possess MS (5,5 years studying) but on the WES report you can see BS). My lazy lawyer said I have a very unusually job so we should put BS + 2 years experience. But she also stated that you can become a plotter if you have BS in engineering or geography (i am not sure because my boss says he has never seen anyone with BS in geography who works as a plotter but...). Conclusion: I have H1B, I have more than 6 years exp. (including present job) but my job requires only BS.

Lazy lawyer wants 'only' $4,000 for PERM, I-140 and I-485 (if ever) will be paid separate + legal fees.

Any concerns regarding my ETA are very welcome.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Johnny, once again thank you for your attention to my posts.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/perm.cfm

LOL, thanks but I am a photogammetry plotter, I make maps/survey/GIS etc. not ceramic :)) Anyway thank you, I checked this web site and seems like the lazy lawyer told me the truth that I need BS and I'm in the EB3 'professional' group.

I checked the other webs that you gave me but still I do not understand: so if my job requires BS, and my company needs someone with BS and 2 years experience it's not correct? It must be just 'BS" and that's it? They cannot say "XXX years exp. required"?

BTW, the lawyer told me that he hasn't submitted the ETA yet, and he can put AA required plus 4 years exp. Gosh, I don't want to have troubles but this guy makes me crazy - I was sure I paid for the lawyer who was supposed to do everything, not for the service that requires my attention. Johnny, thank you. I just start this process so any help is welcome. Anyway, for what reason do we need lawyers if we have to correct them???? We should just have a website with approved ETAs (samples) and without legal fees find what we need.

Any comments regarding my ETA are welcome.

3. Job Title: PHOTOGRAMMETRY PLOTTER OPERTOR

4. Education min. level: BACHELOR'S

4A. If Other is indicated in question 4, specify the education level: BLANK

4B. Major field of study: GEODESY AND GEOMATICS ENGINEERING

5. Is trainig reqired: NO

5-B. Indicate the field of training: BLANK

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job? YES

6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required: 24

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable? No

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? No

8-A. If Yes, specify the alternate level of education required: blank[/COLOR]

8-B. If Other is indicated in question 8-A, indicate the alternate level of education required:

8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8: blank

9. Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable? YES

NO

TOPOGRAPHER ENGINEER

12. Are the job requirements normal for the occupation: YES

I was thinking in the same way as you but the lawyers are lazy or lame. Sorry for the link. I understood your job but....Where are you from?