Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have a question @ W-2 for last 2 years:

Labor applied with salary $x

2001 - My salary was $x
2002 - My salary was $x - 25,000
2003 - My salary was $x - 11,000

Current Salary (2004) - $x

Will there be a problem since for last 2 years, I have not been getting the exact $x because of paycuts but at present, I am at $x.

Please suggest.

Not sure but I heard a person had the same situation and was asked why his salary is less? He answered that due to economy, slaries were cut and he was approved. Since ur salary now is back to labour salary, u should not have a problem, I believe.

Guess, it all depends on what X is, r what percentage of X is 11K. For 100 K, it is 10%, not a big deal, but for 30 K, it is 33%, could have an impact and so on. There ahve been people with <50% salary getting approvals.

Is the RFE just for "W-2", or for more: the "Ability to Pay"? I am not sure how accurate the earlier two responses are, but I suggest you to get in touch with one user, "United Nations", on here. He is a CPA by profession, and has helped numerous people on here - especially with RFEs on "Ability to Pay".

My personal response to your query would be
1) to get in touch with your Attorney. It is important that he address it in a letter - which should cover all - incl. underlying 'issues'.
2) Where your annual Income (in a particular year) fell short of the "Proferred Wage" mentioned on your LC, it would be advisable to 'substantiate' that your employer possessed the ability to pay you in those intervening years (you could use Audited Statements, Assets, Stocks/Bonds, Line of Credit, etc. in support of an assertion)

Only W-2 query, No "Ability to Pay"

Thanx Everyone.

Could other people who got approved in such situation share their experiences too?

I got W-2 query for last 2 years and not "Ability to Pay".

2001 - $x
2002 - 31% less than $x
2003 - 11% less than $x
2004 - $x

May be I can send 2001 W-2 also which shows $x matches with LC amount. Do you think it's advisable to send extra documents which are not asked for?

I badly need help from all of you.

Current Employer

United Nations,

Thanx a lot.

Few more questions:

My current employer is paying me the same amount with which my LC was filed. Infact it is $5k more. It has 80,000 employees and has a strong financial standing.

My issue is that my previous employers were paying me less than the actual LC amount. 2001 amount was same but 2002 and 2003 figures are mentioned in my previous post.

Is it still an issue if I am at the same pay scale for last 9 months with the new employer?

Not Sure.......

I dont understand.

So you are saying that I should be OK or not OK?

Sorry for that.