VSC Processing Times Update

Can't file 485 without available visa

This should not affect people who already filed for their 485. If the visas are exhausted then the priority dates will be pushed back for new filers.

At least, thats my understanding.

hrithikroshan11...

The priority date is not decided by I-485 filing, it depends on the labor filing, so even if someone filed I-485 in 2002 and dates retrogess to Dec 2001 if that person filed labor before that he/she is still eligible for approval/visa number.

Priority Dates Retrogression

According to Murthy, the anticipated priority date retrogression will have a very limited impact. It will affect those in E3 category who are the nationals India, China and Philippines. If you are either not in EB3, or are not coming from those countries, you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_ebret.html

Playing around the dates.They forgot all the 2002,2001 filers and jumped into 2003..

This is not good.....

The date moves to 6/19/03

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

The official processing time in Vermont is, thertefore, 17,5 months. Of course, that is well behind California, which has 3/19/04 as its processing date and 8,5 months as its official processing time. WOW! We can only envy that pace. That is, of course, if the California date reflects the real situation.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

Update Observations: For people, whose filing date is close to mine, the movement could appear exciting, for it is getting awfully close to our filing date. In addition, this is a welcome development, for, contrary to some predictions, Vermont did not revert to the previous pattern of staying for months on the same date.

To what extend does the date reflect the real state of affairs? Is it meaningful at all? To some it may not appear meaningful, for there are 2002, and even a few 2001, people still awaiting for approval. This fact, however, taken by itself, is not sufficient to render the processing date meaningless. It signifies, rather, that the meaning of the date, if exists at all, is different from indicating that all of the cases filed before this date have been processed.

The second reason these dates may appear meaningless is that we are not able to figure out how exactly CIS determines these dates.

At the same time, nevertheless, the date does seem to reflect the general trend of the adjudication pace at least to some degree. To cite the most recent example, Vermont has increased considerably the pace of adjudications of the cases filed in summer of 2003 right around the time it moved its date to June 1, 2003. In fact, as far as I remember, they begin adjudicating these cases en masse (relatively speaking) after they moved the date to June 1, 2003.

If we look at this thread from its start, we will notice that the processing date was indeed reflective of the adjudication pace to some extent. I think, it will be fair to conclude that the most cases processed by Vermont will probably lie within three months of the current processing date. So, even though the date does not reflect the situation with indubitable certainty, it does reflect what is really going on to some degree.

So, if you filed before mid-September 2003, your case could be picked for adjudications at any time. And if you filed between May 1 and May 19, 2003...well, good luck with your inquiry.

yygov said:

(The above link from yygov is presumably intended to show that there have been many recent approvals at the CSC for 2002 cases btw).

Alternatively, look at http://www.rupnet.net/immigration/summary.asp?place=103 which shows that of the 529 2002 cases from the CSC in the rupnet database, 145 are approved. The corresponding VSC data shows 1354 approvals out of 2740 cases approved.

Assuming those numbers are accurate (which might be a big assumption) both of the above links shows that while the CSC's official date is well ahead of the VSC's, they are clearly actually much further behind in processing cases.

FWIW, immigrationwatch also shows many recent 2002 cases being approved at the CSC, although their historical stats actually show that the CSC is ahead of the VSC for 2002 I-485 cases percentage-wise. I'm very skeptical of the way that immigrationwatch collects its stats though.

ETA

The date stays at June 19, 2003

Update Observations: Not many, as not much has moved. The official processing time at VSC is kreeping back up. Right now it stands at 18,5 months.

It seems likely that these dates do not pertain those who are stuck on the name check. That seems to be the culprit that holding many people back. If you are stuck on the name check, there is no telling as to when that might be completed. This is why approvals have been so random.

give them some time guys .. their paln is to speed up the other cases like i 140 and familiy based GC's once I-140 and other cases become current and then they will start working on 485 . Last time when 485 is current , I-140 approval was delayed , then they moved the dates and then with few months they cleared i -140 and moved 485 as current . Now they have to clear the labor as well as existing i-140 cases . Once every thing is current then 485 will be current it will take atleast min 1 year. This is what i heard from one of the lawayer. I know him very well .

Good luck

The date stays at June 19, 2003

Update Observations: The date seems to be stuck, and the processing time @ VSC is cralling back up. Now it stands @ 19 months. At this point the date dynamic @ Vermont became the worst once again. The date is moving @ other centers. For instance, California has it @ May 7, 2004, which is nearly a year ahead of VSC.

VSC seems unwilling to move the date, and part of the reason can be their unwillngness to deal with a stream of inquiries. Another reason may be that at the present VSC has to work on a lot of work visas. Once the quotas for work visas are exhausted, the processing speed for I-485s may pick up once again.

As for predictions, since the target processing time for the current academic year is 20 months, I think the date will likely 0move, once processing time hits 20 months. Therefore, I predict the date will move by March 1. This, however, is not to exclude the possibility of earlier movements.

These dates are a complete bull shit. There are loads of 2002 pending applicantions. How come they publish a date when FIFO is not followed.

RD Dec 2002.

timaeuti As for predictions said:
well....its not that they are not processing ....its just that they have not moved the dates.... the dates that are receving approval is somewhere those filed in very early 2004 or late late 2003....But the dates somehow didnt move/crawled past 2 months..No idea what Vermont USCIS game is ??? :( :( :(

It seems that, since their processing is so random, they want to hold back the processing date as much as possible to prevent annoying inquiries. In addition, they do not seem to be processing a whole lot of I-485 cases lately, possibly because they have to process work petitions at this time of year.

Since the processing time set by Aguirre for this FY is 20 months, I think the date will move in the first report issued by March 1 at the latest. That is not to say it cannot move earlier. However, the fact that NSC and TSC are lagging far behind in their processing dates, that could give VSC an excuse to delay its movement even further. Comparing to these two, VSC processing date does not look bad at all.

Actually, in my case there is no need to call them right now: I received an E-mail update from FBI Monday. The message told me that CIS requested my name check March 30, 2004. However, the request contained an error and was rejected by FBI computer system. The request was resubmitted January 19, 2005.

So, at the moment I know where they are at with my application. I doubt they will tell me a lot more.

God help us guys!