Visitors Visa question - Help Please

odygarfield

I have below questions
For my In-laws first trip to US, my wife's sister has sponsered them and at that time they got 6 months for that visit.
1A) Now for the second time, my wife is planning to sponser them. Will that be an issue as both daughters reside in US?
1B) or is it advisible for my wife sister to sponser them again.
2. If my wife sister sponsers them again, as she lives in NJ, do my in-laws need to fly to NJ (port of entry) or can they come directly to our place MN (port of entry).
Please advise
Thanks in advance:)

A-1A/B: Makes no difference in my opinion. The applicants need to overcome 214(b). Who supplies an I-134 really does not count until 214(b) is overcome.
A-2: POE should not matter if visa is issued.

visitor visa extension

Hi:
i applied for my mother in law visitor visa extension (beyond six months) a month ago. I only received receipt but no approval yet. But her I-94 expire on dec.18.
it is unlikely to receive either approval or denial before dec.18
i have some questions. if she over stayed (she has receipt for the extension) and leave after one month of the expiration of date I-94, is there any problem arise at the airport immigration or later when she decide to come back.

has anybody had the similar situation or any suggessions. thanks...

Hi:
i applied for my mother in law visitor visa extension (beyond six months) a month ago. I only received receipt but no approval yet. But her I-94 expire on dec.18.
it is unlikely to receive either approval or denial before dec.18
i have some questions. if she over stayed (she has receipt for the extension) and leave after one month of the expiration of date I-94, is there any problem arise at the airport immigration or later when she decide to come back.

has anybody had the similar situation or any suggessions. thanks...

If your MIL stays past the I-94 date think about the following cases.

(1) Extension approval :- NO ISSUE for the current visa. But officer at the POE can question the reason for her extension next time she enters the U.S

(2) Extension denied :- Her current visa is electronically void as per rule 222(g). Her next visit is upto the officer at the POE on how strictly he/she applies rule 222(g). Regarding outcomes on subsequent visits, some have come back, some got reduced stay, some have got their visas cancelled and sent back. This is a very grey area. No-one can really predict the outcome during the next visit.

U have the options, make the right call.

In my view, the safest thing would be to send her back before the I-94 expires to avoid future problems.:)

By US immigration law, every visitor to the US is assumed to be a potential immigrant until he/she convinces the authorities otherwise. This is INA 214(b). So an applicant who applies for a US visit visa or approaches a US POE to seek entry as a visitor is assumed to be a potential immigrant until he/she convinces the consul/POE officer otherwise.
Guilty until proven innocent, in a way :)

Can u let me know what is 214(b)?