Visitor Visa to attend wedding

ramvij24

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am getting married to a US Citizen next year here in the US. I am in the process of preparing documents for my parents to apply for a visa. I was wondering whether wedding can be said as a reason at the interview. We can show all the invitations and receipts and stuff like that. I would appreciate if someone could post their experiences if they had gone through the same process.

Thanks,

Ram.

ramvij24 said:
I am getting married to a US Citizen next year here in the US. I am in the process of preparing documents for my parents to apply for a visa. I was wondering whether wedding can be said as a reason at the interview. We can show all the invitations and receipts and stuff like that. I would appreciate if someone could post their experiences if they had gone through the same process.

Hi I got married two months ago to a USC. My parents and best friend were able to come. Of course a wedding is a good reason for a visit, make sure you provied good evidence (receipts, contracts etc.), however remember that the decision will be based on the the reason for a visit but on a reason to come back in other words your parents will have to prove that they do not have an immigrant intent by showing their ties to their native country...

Sure Ram. You can ask them to state "wedding" as a purpose of visit. There's a good chance that some of your close relatives can use the same reason to get their tourist visas.
One of my cousin is also getting married to a USC in March next year. His uncle in S'pore stated the same reason to get his tourist visa to the US.
Of course, the purpose should be to attend your wedding and not anything illegal.