1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visitor Visa sponsorship for Aunt

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by GCpc, Apr 24, 2009.

  1. GCpc

    GCpc New Member

    Is it easy to get US visitor visa approved for an aunt and uncle?
    I am planning to send sponsorship documents for Mother's sister and her husband?

    Just wanted to know whether there is a reasonable chance of this being approved? Atleast if the likelihood of getting a visa is same as it is for parents.
  2. nkm-oct23

    nkm-oct23 Registered Users (C)

    There is no sponsorship of US visitor visa - your aunt has to demonstrate why she wants to visit US; how will she pay for the trip and what assurance she can provide that she will return to her home after her visit. If she needs your financial support during her visit, she will have to state that on the application and show proof of that support (this can be an Affidavit of support, documentation to prove your financial situation, etc).
  3. askquestion2

    askquestion2 Registered Users (C)

    I want to invite my mom to stay with us in us. She is over 60 and doesn't have money so I need to sponsor her financially. I've done research on sponsor's documents so she can bring them to the interview with her. My question is, do I need to provide any medical insurance proof for her? The problem is I can't buy her a medical insurance because I don't know if she will be granted a visa or not. Will the consular officer ask questions on this matter? Does anyone know?
  4. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    That depends on the consul and the consulate. Some officers and offices are more particular than others. The citizenship of the applicant also matters.

  5. askquestion2

    askquestion2 Registered Users (C)

    Hi Triple Citizenship,

    This invitation is for a visit of 6 months. On my part, I will be sending her invitation letter, I-134 form, my bank account verification letters, recent bank account statements, last 2 IRS tax returns, letter from my employer etc... which are served as my financial ability for sponsorship. The only thing missing is medical insurance documents for her because like I mentioned I can't buy her insurance until I know she is granted a visa. If the consulate asks my mom questions on medical insurance while my mom is in the US, how would she answer?
  6. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    She can point towards the I-134 you supply.

  7. askquestion2

    askquestion2 Registered Users (C)

    From my understanding, I-134 is the sponsorship provided by one person. Is it possible if both me and my husband both sponsor my mom. We're both US citizens (even though it really doesnt' matter the status of the sponsor). My husband works and i am a housewife. So I think it sounds more convincing having him sponsor because he can get a letter from his employer. However, other than that, all our bank accounts and stock accounts have both of our name. So, in the letter that we sent to the overseas consulate, should we say we are both financially responsible for all my mom's expenses or just my husband needs to say "I". Also, on form I-134, how can we state "we" instead of "I" as printed on the form?

    Please give advice.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
  8. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    My honest advice would be to not submit any I-134s. B-2 are and should be considered self-sponsored visas. However if it gives the applicant and their relatives the warm fuzzy, an applicant can carry multiple I-134s to their interview.

  9. askquestion2

    askquestion2 Registered Users (C)

    I understand that B-2 are self-sponsored visas. However, the reason I think I or my husband will need to submit I-143 form is my mom doesn't really have any money except the house and so it is hard for her to convince the consulate officer that she can herself cover all her expenses while in US. We ourselves don't want to submit form I-134 either because it means we are disclosing our financial situation to my mom, my dad and my family which we really don't want except being forced to as in this case ( we will need to translate this form into my mom's language because we think she needs to understand what documents are that she is handing to the consulate). We really dont' want my family to know our financial situation. What do you think? Please let me know why you think we shouldn't submit I-134 form. Really appreciate.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  10. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    The reason why I stand against I-134s is that it makes it more difficult to overcome 214(b) in my opinion. If an applicant is financially dependent on someone in the US, do you think that person will leave the US in a timely fashion when compared to someone who is not financially dependent on someone in the US? This is the way I look at I-134s.

  11. askquestion2

    askquestion2 Registered Users (C)

    My husband is filling out form I-134 to invite my mom. We don't know if he needs to fill out question 9 or question 10 or both on form I-134. He has previously submitted form I-130 (NOT form I-134 so I could adjust my status while in the US to a permanent resident status). I am now a US citizen. Other than that, my husband has never submitted form I-134 to invite any one to USA. So which question: 9 or 10 should he fill out and how?

Share This Page