Visitor visa rejection for parents

stoneheart

Hi All,
         I am sorry for posting this message here in this board( I know it is one of the active boards in this web site)but want to know if anyone you know has faced a rejection case after trying to get a visitor visa for his/her parents to come here from Calcutta consulate in recent past.

I was trying for a vistor visa to get my parents a here by drop box method(this is their first time)at Calcutta consulate. But it got rejected and they asked themt o go personally. ANy reason????

Note: I hope you guys will tolerate me for posting this message here.
Thanks

SH

Pretty much expected

the drop-box very rarely works for First Timers. In fact the consulates specifically state that you should not use it for first-time applications. Just ask your parents to go to the consulate personally. This rejection may not have any repercussions.

This is not a rejection!

A "rejection" occurs when an applicant executes the visa application before the consular officer AND the officer denies it based on a reason. The consular officer is obliged to document the reason, either on the passport or elsewhere.

Your parents never had the opportunity to meet the consular officer, so their application was never executed. As the previous poster noted, first timers (especially visitors) need to appear before a consular officer. There are some exceptions on medical grounds, etc.

This was simply a procedural error, not a "rejection". The latter is a more serious matter, since grounds for refusal are documented and the applicant may be required to disclose the refusal in subsequent visa applications -- (that innocuous little item in visa forms of many countries where they ask you if you have been ever denied visa for a country).

More documentation...

Ask your parents to carry documents supporting their ties to India as they have to overcome the assumption that they will immigrate to US. You can show some property like home etc. in India, employment letters if they are employed, bank deposits etc. Check out immihelp.com for more information.

No Title

Thanks for the quick responses. Did they ask any questions at the in person visit? Any questions that they should reply in a particular way?

Thanks in advance

SH

Take documents that show ties in India

Take papers showig your brothers/sisters in India, show papers of House/land on you parents name. Bank balance. Whatever.

you should get the visa, this is not a rejection.
I do not know how & why you applied for drop-box, first timers are not allowed to do that, it is very clear.

Anyway this is nothing to worry about