Visitor visa rejected in Chennai - Please help - info needed to reapply

jrao124

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My parents' tourist visa got rejected today at chennai. they tried by the drop box in bangalore, but they were asked to come to chennai. Today at the interview they were told they were rejected under 214(b).

I'm very confused about when and how to reapply. Are we supposed to go in person again? What if they go again early next year (when it will be more convenient for them)? Can they/do they have to go in person or apply by mail?

Thanks in advance for the help.

J

Section 214(b)

Hi,

Section 214(b)

This means that before you are approved for a visa, you must prove that you will return to your country. You must prove that you have no intention of abandoning your residence there. The law places the burden of proof on you to prove that you have strong ties in your country that would compel you to leave the U.S. at the end of your temporary stay.

I had gone through the same situation earlier. My inlaws had to go through 2 interviews at Chennai to get their Visa. They had showed their IT returns, proof of property and other financial/ personal ties in India and that they would return after 6 months.

See if you can ask your parents to show any of these papers and get a visa. At no point of time in the interview should they indicate that they will stay here for long time.

Regards,

Krish

Thanks Krish.
They took with them their tax returns, proof of property in mumbai and bank statements. They even took along a contract with a builder (they just started building a house in bangalore). What more can they take?

Can U tell me after how many days after the 1st interview ur in-laws went for the 2nd interview? After 3 days?

Can my parents go any time within the year or 2 years? DOes it make sense for them to go in 2 days again?

Thanks again and sorry for all the trouble.
J

Hello jrao124,

I'm in the same boat..

Even my parents visa got rejected in Chennai under 214(b) last week. This was 1st time they attended. How soon they can re visit the visa and do I need change or add any additional documents...cos my parents carried almost all the documents for the 1st time..

Thanks,
Pyr_03

pyr_03,
I called chennai consulate and was told that they can go any no of times they want, but in person. u have to take appt on the web though. they have lifted any restriction on the no. of times U can go to the embassy.
no point taking extra docs, bcos it may not help. If their circumstances change in any way or if there is a doc that they missed,then there is a point.

I'm not sending them now, I'm going to wait a few mths & then think up another way of trying to convince them.

J

i am in the same boat

Guys:
I am in the same boat. My inlaw's got regected in 214b on July 28th. I heard that Chennai consulate has been rejecting visitor visa left and right in the past month. We plan to re-apply in some time. I plan to write a letter to the officer describing their ties to India.