visitor visa for married sister without family

alpmathur

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
my husband, having H1 visa, has applied for my sister-in-law's visitor visa for helping me after my delivery. We wont mention this as the reason fo rher coming but would mention tourism as the reason. She is 32 yrs old, house wife and has two school-going kids and her husband is having his business. She wont be coming with her family.
would this pose as a problem in her getting the visa. what reason should she give if consulate asks her y is she going without her husband and kids.
Thanks in advance

Why don't you ask her to include kids also ?

You can ask her to apply visa for kids also. Later they don't have to accompany her. Actually including them will make the visa interview process easier.

alpmathur said:
Hi!
my husband, having H1 visa, has applied for my sister-in-law's visitor visa for helping me after my delivery. We wont mention this as the reason fo rher coming but would mention tourism as the reason. She is 32 yrs old, house wife and has two school-going kids and her husband is having his business. She wont be coming with her family.
would this pose as a problem in her getting the visa. what reason should she give if consulate asks her y is she going without her husband and kids.
Thanks in advance

alpmathur said:
Hi!
Thanks in advance

Hello,
You can mention that she is coming for tourism. She would have to show that there are enough ties in the home country and she will be returning to the home country after the visit. If the Consulate asks this question then you just mention that you are visiting the relatives and tourism. Husband has to see the business and kids have to go to school, thats why they are not accompanying you.

Kids are not having the passport and visa appointment date for her is very close, so thats not a possible option now.

your answer is in post #3

Your answer is in post #3.

alpmathur said:
Kids are not having the passport and visa appointment date for her is very close, so thats not a possible option now.

alpmathur,

My sister in law is also going for visa very soon. Can you please let me know how it will go for your SIL?

Thanks