Visitor Visa for GC holders parents

BonnyKapoor

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am a GC holder and wanted to call my parents for a visit. But surprisingly US consulate in Mumbai denied it on 214-b basis. My parents had carried all property documents , bank stattements and everything but none were asked for . US consulate did not even looked at them.

Apparantly US consulate in Mumbai India has recently developed sort of a " negation mood " and are denying visitor visa if sponserer has / or has applied for GC. I have heard atleast 4 other cases from Mumbai consulate recently whose visitor visa was denied , all of there sponserers (son/ dau) had GC or applied for gc. In one case I know that the person requesitng visitor visa (parents) we specifically asked if u r son / dau has applied for GC - when sons H1 was shown.

Has anyone else has similar experience ? please contribute u r experiences if any. Thanx in advance.

It is quiet common for parents visa to be rejected. I know of a case where the mother of the green card holder was denied Visa for 4 years and finally her son applied for green card and brought her here! She just wanted to visit but now goes back and forth with a green card rather than a visitor's visa. I don't think you have any option other than to apply in 1 years time and hope for the best. No one can argue with the consulate officer. :)