Visitor visa extension approval within one month at vermont service center

immi_info_06

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

First of all, I want to thank you all of the members of this wonderful site.

I applied for I-539 - application to extend non immigrant status application for my grandmother on Nov 08,2006 at vermont service center. We have recieved approval notice on Dec 02,2006.

I surprised how quickly they turned around approval notice of our appliction.

Thank you again to all the members.

immi_info_06

details please

Congrats! Can you post the details like:

- Reason for extension
- documents submitted with I-539
- original stay time and extension time requested

GC_impatient

Hi GC

Please see details of your questions :

(1) Reason for extension :

My grandmother came down with a high blood pressure after she arrived here. This pretty much put our plans on visiting places on hold until she recovered.

As she is getting old she may not be able to visit us again, so I would like to extend this visit and show her all the wonderful locations in the USA she hasn’t visited yet.

If her extension of stay is approved, we are planning to take her to Grand Canyon and California.

(2) documents submitted with I-539 :

1. Application to Extend Nonimmigrant Status Form I-539
2. Affidavit of support I-134 form
3. Copies of I-94
4. Copies of Return Tickets
5. Copies of Passport.
6. Last 3 Pay stubs
7. My Checking account Statement
8. Last 3 years Tax file to IRS

(3) original stay time and extension time requested :

original time for departure : January 15,2007

Extension time requested : May 25,2007

I hope that this information will help you. Good Luck!

GC_impatient said:
Congrats! Can you post the details like:

- Reason for extension
- documents submitted with I-539
- original stay time and extension time requested

GC_impatient

Thanks for the info.
So you did not have to submit any proof of medical condition?
Did you postpone the airtickets beforehand?
GC_impatient

Ok I'm totally confused...I did not see anywhere on the I-539 extension of status that you had to submit evidence or a reason for your stay. Am I totally out to lunch here or what?

Ok I'm totally confused...I did not see anywhere on the I-539 extension of status that you had to submit evidence or a reason for your stay. Am I totally out to lunch here or what?

Look again. Towards the bottom of the very 1st page, on the right and continuing to the next page are 3 criteria for requesting B1/B2 extension

If you are filing for an extension/change, your application with the original Form I-94 person included in your application. In addition, submit a written statement explaining in detail:
-- The reasons for your request;
-- Why your extended stay would be temporary, including what arrangements you have made to depart from the United States; and
-- Any effect the extended stay may have on your foreign employment or residency.