Visiting Vancouver by Air and I-94

vaneetb

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I plan to fly to Vancuver on Visitor Visa (on H1 in US)from San Franscisco in the first week of Oct and it is a very short visit(3-4 days)
Do I have to submit my I-94 ?
What If I don\'t submit and they ask for it ??
I know if I\'ve to submit my I-94, then I should get the new I-94 while coming back.

What If I don\'t submit, and while coming back, I\'m given another I-94 ...Is there any problem with it ??

Is there any difference if I travel by Car (fly till Seattle, then drive to Vancouver)

please advice...

thanks

No Title

PLEASE SEE BELOW:

Hi,
I plan to fly to Vancuver on Visitor Visa (on H1 in US)from San Franscisco in the first week of Oct and it is a very short visit(3-4 days)
 YES YOU CAN
Do I have to submit my I-94 ?
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR I-94 IF YOUR STAY IS LESS THAN 30 DAYS IN CANADA OR MEXICO
What If I don\'t submit and they ask for it ??
 TELL THEM THE LAW,or TAKE OUT YOUR i-94 before you go to BORDER POE or Airlines AND LATER ATTACH YOUR I-94 TO YOUR PASSPORT BEFORE YOU ENTER USA, NORMALY AT BORDER OR AIRLINES WILL NOT SNATCH YOUR I-94 IT IS USA MATTER CANADA HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, CANADA IMMIGRATION OFFICER WILL JUST LOOK AT YOUR VISA AND STAMP YOUR PASSPRT WITH DATE AND IT IS VALID FOR 6 MONTHS, EVEN IF YOU HAVE SINGLE ENTRY VISA YOU CAN VISIT CANADA MANY TIMES FROM USA IN 6 MONTHS FROM YOUR STAMP DATE BUT YOU SHOULD NOT STAY MORE THAN 30 DAYS IF YOU WANT TO ENTER USA AGAIN WITH SAME I-94.
I know if I\'ve to submit my I-94, then I should get the new I-94 while coming back.
YES ,YOU CAN IF YOU WISH
What If I don\'t submit, and while coming back, I\'m given another I-94 ...Is there any problem with it ??
IF YOU DO NOT SUBMIT OR TAKEN, NO NEED FOR NEW I-94 YOU CAN ENTER USA WITH THIS I-94 , if you are given new, no problem with it.

Is there any difference if I travel by Car (fly till Seattle, then drive to Vancouver)
NO DIFFRENCE

please advice...

Visiting Vancouver (Air/Road)

First of all, you are on H1. So, either way you need a valid visa to visit Canada. I hope, you have one. If not, you have to go to Canadian Embassy and if you submit the application in the morning, you can get a visa in the afternoon (You can also apply by mail and it may take a while).

If you travel by road, then you can show the Canada visa and they will ask your reason for visit and you can tell them the reason. While coming back, US immigration will verify your visa and i-94 and if everything is valid, they will allow you inside. They will not take your old i-94 or issue a new one.

If you travel by Air, then you have to submit your i-94 card before departing US and while entering back, you have to go through the regular immigration (similar to going out to any other country and returning back) and validate your visa, etc (as usual) and they will issue you a new I-94.

If you have applied for Green Card and if you are in the final stages (at some stage, I guess 140 / 485), you have to send the copy of i-94 to ins and if you have passed that stage, you may need to re-submit your new i-94. If this is the scenario, check with your attorney, before travelling by air, if it will affect your GC. By travelling through road, it won\'t affect your GC process.

Good luck.

Thanks Inder and SSUP

for your detailed response.
Now I\'ve to reconsider my decision to go to Canada, if that is going to affect my GC process in any way. I was planning to go to LA for VISA next week.
I\'m on H1 and my GC process is in last stage (I-485). I\'ve got the receipts and AP and waiting for EAD and Finger printing notice.
I\'ll talk to my lawyer too on this issue.

In the mean time I would like to know if I travel by Air and get the new I-94 while coming back, Is it required to send that I-94 to INS...??

and how does it affect the GC process...?? How long is the delay whatsoever ??

and If I travel by Road, do I still need to inform INS that I travelled outside US ??

thanks again for the response..

I talked to my lawyer today.

She told me that leaving US at this time won\'t affect my GC.
If I get new I-94,that doesn\'t has to be submitted to INS, after coming back.
But she told me to carry AP too and told not to show it, if travelling on Valid H1.

The lawyer is a reputed one.

Just wanted to share this info.

It\'s a differnt matter, I may not travel in the present circumstances in US.

Your suggestion needed!

I am a PR of Canada. I am now in H-1B status but probably will be out
of work soon. If that happens, I will be out of status. My question is:
1) Is it legal for me to stay in USA and apply for another job after I
am out of status?
2)Will INS deny my new H-1B application if I find another job?
3)If I get the new H-1B/EAD, do I have to apply for the visa from US
consulate in Canada before starting to work?

Thanks in advance.