Visiting the UK

sairam03

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I am a green card holder and wants to visit the UK and other european countries. I heard a gc holder can travel without a travel visa/visitor visa to the UK. Could somebody guide me on this.

Also, I heard there is a common european visitor/tourist visa for a group of countries. Is it true, if yes what are those countries and other conditions.?

I appreciate the response.

Originally posted by sairam03
Hi gurus,

I am a green card holder and wants to visit the UK and other european countries. I heard a gc holder can travel without a travel visa/visitor visa to the UK. Could somebody guide me on this.

Also, I heard there is a common european visitor/tourist visa for a group of countries. Is it true, if yes what are those countries and other conditions.?

I appreciate the response.

Visa requirements are dictated by the country of your citizenship. Having a US green card alone will not allow you to travel without a visa. For example Indian citizens who are also US GC holders need visas to travel to most European countries. The only exception to this is Canada and Switzerland which do not require GC holders to obtain a visa.
There is a common European visa called Schengen visa which allows you to travel to multiple European countries on a single visa. Not all countries are covered by the Schengen visa. UK is not covered and you will need a separate visa to travel to UK.
You can find out more at:
http://www.eurovisa.info
I hope this helps!