Visiting India and Non Receival of H4 Ext Approval

bmkip

Registered Users (C)
We have a situation where I received my H1 ext approval and I successfully got passport stamping for Visa here in United States and unfortunately I never received any Notice and Approval notification for H4 for my wife and kid. I have the receipt number(SRCXXXX) for h4 from the check INS deposited with my Bank and their case has been approved on May,15 2004 and I have been calling INS 1-800 number to get the copy of it. But I never had a luck and they are saying that it has been mailed on May 15,2004 and if I have not received it at my address then their may be a issue with local post office and hence they can not issue a copy of it. They suggested me to apply for a duplicate which may take 12 months to get. I have to travel to India with my family for an imp occasion in Feb 2005 so is there any way I can still do it with no Approval Letter( though it has been approved) and can I go to Stamping in Chennai for my wife and Kid with no problem.

Any information would be appriciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact USCIS

I would suggest explain your problem to them via e-mail and/or a letter (FedEx or US Certified Mail). Provide all details such as Visa/Petition Type, Receipt Number, Approval Date, Name of Beneficiary, Birth Date, Passport Number, I-94 Number, Social Security Number, etc.

Also, apply for the Duplicate Notice (I think it is Form I-824).