Visit Visa while waiting for I-130 approval for my wife

ramez75

Hi
I wanted to see if anyone has information or recommendations if I go ahead and apply for a visit visa for my wife to visit back and forth while waiting for the I-130 approval

So a bit of background I am a US citizen and submitted the I-130 in Dec 2022 for my wife of Lebanese citizenship. Of course we both understand that for her to get the immigrant visa based on the I-130 is not an overnight process

So my question is it wise if she applies for a visit visa from Lebanon as it is hard for me to keep traveling to meet her, for a couple of reason, I have limited number of days vacation and the situation in Lebanon currently is not favorable for me to keep going back and forth and lastly it is a financial burden to keep doing so

Would the US embassy consider it or would they deny it on basis that she has a I-130 application in the system and if denied will it impact the I-130 application
Like I said the visit visa is for her to visit back and forth while we waiting

Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated

Hi
I wanted to see if anyone has information or recommendations if I go ahead and apply for a visit visa for my wife to visit back and forth while waiting for the I-130 approval

So a bit of background I am a US citizen and submitted the I-130 in Dec 2022 for my wife of Lebanese citizenship. Of course we both understand that for her to get the immigrant visa based on the I-130 is not an overnight process

So my question is it wise if she applies for a visit visa from Lebanon as it is hard for me to keep traveling to meet her, for a couple of reason, I have limited number of days vacation and the situation in Lebanon currently is not favorable for me to keep going back and forth and lastly it is a financial burden to keep doing so

Would the US embassy consider it or would they deny it on basis that she has a I-130 application in the system and if denied will it impact the I-130 application
Like I said the visit visa is for her to visit back and forth while we waiting

Any input on this matter is greatly appreciated
That's really depends on the visa embassy. Since she is already married to a US citizen and submitted the i-130(which means she admitted that she have the intention to immigrant to the US, it does have high chance that she will get a rejection for a tourism visa(mainly need to prove you do not want to stay in US). But feel free to give a try.