Visit visa canceled ..... WTF ??

Aztek

Registered Users (C)
Happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. He & his family had 3 yrs multiple visit visa and had been to US once before and they all have been living in Dubai for quite some times now. Earlier they had applied for a visit visa for their new born daughter and was rejected. NOw they applied again and this time consulate monkeys not only rejected the application again, they also canceled the visas for my friend, his wife & couple of kids too :mad: what exactly the F is that ??

Canceled Without Prejudice .... what does that mean? and what are the longterm implications and what are their chances of ever getting visit visas again?

I think Cancelled without Prejudice does not mean anything bad. I had an expired J1. When I applied for B2 they put the same stamp in my passport in my old J1"Cancelled without Prejudice", and gave me a new B2

Let me get this straight, you are name calling someone because a requested privilege was not granted?

consulate monkeys

They are doing their job. If they are unsure of the applicant's intention, by law they have to deny the visa application.

what exactly the F is that ??

No long term implications. If they are able to overcome 214(b) in the near future, they will be granted visas.

Canceled Without Prejudice .... what does that mean? and what are the longterm implications and what are their chances of ever getting visit visas again?

Jula - canceling an existing visa in lieu of another one is normal.

TC - they can deny applications all they want. What I am curious to know is - if this cancelation of valid visas for rest of the family members, is it some extreme & rare action .... blacklisting etc? and is there any mandatory time limit before which they cannot apply for visas again?

I don't think that family has been blacklisted. Since the newborn's visa was rejected, the consul thought it might make sense to cancle the visas of the parents too. Perhaps the consul feared that the parents might go to the US and then try to sneak the newborn via Canada. Just speculating here. Only the consul knows exactly why he/she cancelled the visa.

TC - What I am curious to know is - if this cancelation of valid visas for rest of the family members, is it some extreme & rare action .... blacklisting etc?

No there is no such time limit.

and is there any mandatory time limit before which they cannot apply for visas again?