visas to work in the USA

peifamily

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a canadian citizen and have been married to an American citizen for over 13 years. We have been living in Canada but we are wanting to start snowbirding next fall to the USA so we can spend winters with her family.

I have permanent employment 6-8 months each year in Canada and would be wanting to work part time when in the states just to keep busy and to help cover expenses. I have already been offered some part time work from one place if I go down next fall.

What is the simpliest and quickest method for me to be able to work in the USA from a few months to 6 months each year?

We thought about doing the green card, but that may be an issue as we will be in Canada at least 6 months of the year for my job.

I was told the green card needs you to have the USA as your primary residence but is the work visa any different as to how much time is required to be in the states each year?

I would need the K3 right?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am a canadian citizen and have been married to an American citizen for over 13 years. We have been living in Canada but we are wanting to start snowbirding next fall to the USA so we can spend winters with her family.

I have permanent employment 6-8 months each year in Canada and would be wanting to work part time when in the states just to keep busy and to help cover expenses. I have already been offered some part time work from one place if I go down next fall.

What is the simpliest and quickest method for me to be able to work in the USA from a few months to 6 months each year?

We thought about doing the green card, but that may be an issue as we will be in Canada at least 6 months of the year for my job.

I was told the green card needs you to have the USA as your primary residence but is the work visa any different as to how much time is required to be in the states each year?

I would need the K3 right?

Thanks!

No, the K-3 is not correct. It is irrelevant to you.

You need to provide more info about the type of education, licenses, credentials, professional certification and overall work experience in order to see what type of non-immigrant worker category you might fit. As a Canadian, the TN is a possibility but is limited to those professions listed in the NFTA appendix.

Seasonal worker visas usually are for unskilled and lousy jobs. If you want to work in menial job in a hotel or resort or restaurant during tourist season that is the H2-B, farm work is H2-A. Other categories exist for specific types of skill sets. What are your skills and education?

No, the K-3 is not correct. It is irrelevant to you.

You need to provide more info about the type of education, licenses, credentials, professional certification and overall work experience in order to see what type of non-immigrant worker category you might fit. As a Canadian, the TN is a possibility but is limited to those professions listed in the NFTA appendix.

Seasonal worker visas usually are for unskilled and lousy jobs. If you want to work in menial job in a hotel or resort or restaurant during tourist season that is the H2-B, farm work is H2-A. Other categories exist for specific types of skill sets. What are your skills and education?

Hi,

Since we would be staying in our RV (snowbirding) I contacted one campground near where we want to stay and after talking to them I mentioned I help manage a campground here, they offered me some work there.

The work would be likely maintenance or security.

I am a carpenter by trade.

Hi,

Since we would be staying in our RV (snowbirding) I contacted one campground near where we want to stay and after talking to them I mentioned I help manage a campground here, they offered me some work there.

The work would be likely maintenance or security.

I am a carpenter by trade.

The H2-B visa is further described at: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=d1d333e559274210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

It is not a sure thing but might be right.

Another alternative for consideration is the USDA Forest Service's PIT Projects. See: http://www.passportintime.com/