Visa Revalidation Processing time

bpuligan

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,
I am planning on leaving to India on 26th Apr for vacation for a month.
I got my H-1B extended and applied for the visa revalidation at the St. Louis office.
I applied for the revalidation on Feb. 21, 2003. (already 6 weeks)

Any idea how many days it is taking now a days for the revalidation process? The website says 6 weeks.

Any body who applied during that ballpark timeframe and got it?

I would appreciate a reply.

thanks,
Bhargava

Hi folks,
Anybody has any information about the H1 revalidation processing time.
I still haven't got my the visa. I have sent it to St. Louis on Feb 21, 2003.

It has already been more than 7 weeks ...

Thanks in advance for the response.

Bhargava

Hi bhargava,

I appplied for H1 extension on Feb 17th reached St.louis Feb19. Still waiting.

I heard it is taking 10-12 weeks now.

Hi,
Did any of you have receive the passport after stamping. I applied mine on March the 7th and I am still waiting.

Thanks,
Arun

Hi,
Did any of you have receive the passport after stamping. I applied mine on March the 17th and I am still waiting.How do you contact the St.Louis office.I tried calling them them but ended up leaving a message on their answering machine.Has any one of you (Bhargava/rave) hear from the St.Louis office yet.

Thanks,
Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Raj,
I haven't got my passport/visa stamping yet. Not sure what's taking them so long. Today is Apr. 23rd (I applied on Feb 21st)

You said you tried to call the St. Louis office but ended up leaving a message. What is the phone number?? All I found was a fax number.

Thanks for your info.

Bhargava

bpuligan

The St.Louis ph number is 202-663-1213.Mon-Fri(2pm-4pm EST).Did you try faxing them and asking about your passport.Good luck.

-Raj

Pls let me know the H1 revalidation time now a days.

Hi folks,
Anybody has any information about the H1 revalidation processing time. If somebody applied this year and got the stamping, pls reply to this message saying, how much time it took for you.
I have sent it to St. Louis on Mar'08, 2003 and till now I didn't get the passport back. It has already been 7 weeks ...

Thanks in advance for the response.

Rao

One of my friend got his Visa revalidation and recieved the passport yesterday it took 90 days from Sending the application

Hi Raj/vsunder

thanks for the number.
Obviously could not talk to anyone. It doesn't even allow me to leave a message.

Found another number from the other thread - 202-663-1225.
But same result. It says "All our representatives are currently helping other people, call back later"

just need to have patience and keep trying, I guess.

thanks for the info. Great forum for information.

bhargava

When can I expect my PP

Hi folks,
I sent my Passport on March'08,2003 and the St.Louis Received Date is March'10th.
Can I expect it by June 1st or 2nd week?(i.e.,85 to 95 days.)
I already postponed once my ticket from May'23rd to Jun'13th.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Rao

Hi Guy's

I sent my passport on Feb 10th they got it on FEB 12th. I have not recived my stamped passport yet.. waiting for it. I heard they are taking little more than 90 day's

jag

Hi,
I had a talk with visa officer just now.
They are stamping 21st of Feb(DC Receipt date) applications.
My DC Receipt date is 27th of March, and she says I may expect my PP after 3 weeks, but it seems nothing is sure .
hoping for the best.

Rao
:confused::mad:

Hi crao_a,

Could you please let me know which number you called to talk to the visa officer?

-Raj

H1-B visa Revalidation

Hello,

I had sent my passport for revalidation of my H1-B visa to St. Louis on March 3rd. I called the St. Louis office last week and found out that my application was filed at DC with a system date of April 11th. Is there any phone number that can be reached at DC to find the status of revalidation? How soon can I expect my passport back.

Thanks
Girish

Hi,

I have a visa stamp in my passport that shows 11-Feb-2004 from Company A issued in 2001. I was laid off from that company after the visa stamp. Later I joined company B and am still holding valid H1-B with company B valid till 2005. I want to visit India now for a short vacation. Can I travel with my current visa stamp from Company A and new H1 from company B. Or do I have to send my papers to the Chennai consulate.

Visa in the passport (from Company A) - 11 Feb 2004
H1-B paper (from Company B) - April 2005

I appreciate your your help.

Thanks.

Recd passport after stamping.

Recd passport after stamping.
For all those still waiting,
SL SD 02/08/03
SL RD 02/10/03
Visa Stamp date 05/08/03
Mailed back: 05/12/03
Passport recd. 05/13/03

Did not know what the DC date was as the only time I called up on 05/09/03, the lady refused to give out that details telling me to wait another week.

Hi,

I has applied for application withdrawal and recvd my passport in two days.The passport doesnt contain a new visa stamping but they have stamped my expired visa with the seal stating "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".I dont understand what that maens.Has anybody withdrawn an application they submitted and expreienced anything like this.Please help...

Thanks
Raj